- House, Senate negotiations key for South Dakota Updated: Dec-01-13 1:11 pm
- SD livestock industry counting on farm bill Updated: Nov-16-13 12:19 pm
- Noem says her focus remains repealing 'Obamacare' Updated: Nov-15-13 3:11 pm
- SD ponders response to change in health care law Updated: Nov-14-13 8:17 pm
- SD delegation reaction mixed to president's change Updated: Nov-14-13 7:52 pm
- SD code talkers being honored by Congress Updated: Nov-08-13 11:59 am
WASHINGTON - South Dakota has a lot on the line in Congress as the year comes to a close.
WASHINGTON - As Congress negotiates a compromise over the farm bill, the most important thing for South Dakota and its beleaguered livestock industry isn't any one provision. Rather, it's passing any sort of bill to restore the help for farmers that expired this fall.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Kristi Noem voted with the majority in passing the Keep Your Health Plan Act but says her long-term goal is repealing "Obamacare."
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota insurance regulators said Thursday they need more time to study President Barack Obama's announcement that insurance companies will be allowed to keep offering their customers plans that would otherwise be canceled under the federal health care law.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson says he welcomes President Barack Obama's announcement allowing insurance companies to renew for another year policies that otherwise would be canceled because they don't comply with the new health care law.
American Indians who sent coded messages to shield U.S. military communications from the enemy during World Wars I and II are being honored later this month at the nation's capital.