- Will Power poised to make 100th start for Team Penske Updated: May-27-15 5:36 pm
Will Power heads to Detroit this weekend poised to make his 100th start for Team Penske.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Widow of "American Sniper" subject honored at NASCAR race Updated: May-24-15 5:44 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The wife of "American Sniper" subject Chris Kyle was honored with the Stonewall Jackson Award at Charlotte Motor Speedway before the Coca-Cola 600.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr has plenty of horsepower on Twitter Updated: May-23-15 2:06 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - NASCAR's most popular driver is now one of the most popular people on Twitter.
- Kevin Harvick on top heading to NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 4:24 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kevin Harvick is right where he usually is when the Coca-Cola 600 rolls around on the schedule: On top and seeking even more success.
- Panthers LB Davis takes 5-lap spin with Earnhardt Jr. Updated: May-19-15 5:53 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Not a lot scares Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis so he was comfortable going a few laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway at 165 mph with NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Kahne holds off Jones in 2nd-closest Truck Series finish Updated: May-15-15 11:51 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kasey Kahne's car was wobbling as he raced side-by-side with Erik Jones through the final turn. They crossed the finish line and it was so close Kahne wasn't sure who won.
- Ben Rhodes skipping commencement for NASCAR Xfinity debut Updated: May-15-15 4:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Ben Rhodes doesn't have time for his graduation ceremony. He is already poised to move on to the next phase of his racing career.
- Jimmie Johnson throws caution to wind at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-13-15 4:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The image Jimmie Johnson has cultivated over the years is of a clean-cut, corporate pitchman, almost the antithesis of the "good 'ol boy" drivers from NASCAR's colorful past.
- Column: NASCAR's All-Star race has been a dud of late Updated: May-11-15 6:36 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The lore of NASCAR's annual All-Star race has been building since 1987, when Dale Earnhardt's "pass in the grass" gave him the victory.
- Deflated-ball trick nothing new in games people play Updated: May-10-15 12:28 pm
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
- Johnson stays on track during late caution, wins at Kansas Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane after his late-race gamble paid off to win the rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, then pulled out his cellphone and tried to dial his wife in the first few minutes of Mother's Day.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Column: Earnhardt back in victory lane and happier than ever Updated: May-04-15 5:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There was a nearly five-year period for Dale Earnhardt Jr. when being a famous race car driver wasn't all glitz and glamour.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004 Updated: May-03-15 8:03 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - There's something about Talladega Superspeedway - its ardent Earnhardt fans, the success his family has had at the track - that makes Dale Earnhardt Jr. feel a responsibility to put on a show.
- Ole Miss coach gets firsthand taste of Talladega speed Updated: May-03-15 3:18 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Hugh Freeze knows a little something about speed and about NASCAR.