- Senate OKs redistricting plan, nixes cutting lt. governor Updated: Apr-21-16 8:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The method for drawing political district boundaries took a prime seat during legislative work Thursday, with one proposal to make the process fairer clearing the Senate and another one advancing in the House.
- Audit slams state oversight of Quinn anti-violence programs Updated: Apr-19-16 5:54 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Three anti-violence programs administered by former Gov. Pat Quinn were so poorly monitored that nearly $4 million was lost to questionable expenses or unspent funds never collected, an audit released Tuesday concluded.
- Coal tax pitched as good for Illinois' dwindling coffers Updated: Apr-19-16 1:02 pm
BENLD, Illinois - It's been more than 60 years since the last coal mine closed in the south-central Illinois town of Benld, but its legacy is found in the name of its high school teams - the Miners- and its economic development promoting arm, the Coal County Chamber of Commerce.
- Memorial service planned for health advocate Quentin Young Updated: Apr-12-16 10:53 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago memorial service has been planned for health advocate Dr. Quentin Young, who died last month at age 92.
- Late-payment penalties cost Illinois over $900M in 6 years Updated: Apr-01-16 4:01 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has spent more than $900 million on late-payment penalties over the last six years because of the state's inability to pay its bills on time, according to Figures from Comptroller Leslie Munger's office.