- Quinn attends Calif. fundraiser for re-election Updated: Mar-10-14 6:05 pm
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program Updated: Mar-10-14 4:19 pm
- GOP gov candidates cite proudest accomplishments Updated: Mar-09-14 12:07 pm
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges Updated: Mar-08-14 1:08 pm
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Gay couples can now get Ill. marriage licenses Updated: Mar-05-14 4:02 am
- FEMA denies Illinois appeal on storm damage help Updated: Mar-04-14 9:41 pm
- County clerks can issue licenses to gay couples Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 pm
- Watchdog group has fixes for Illinois budget Updated: Mar-03-14 8:07 pm
- Slow start to early voting across Illinois Updated: Mar-03-14 7:17 pm
- Illinois governor says he'll vote on Election Day Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 pm
- GOP candidates hoping to boost early voting Updated: Mar-01-14 5:47 pm
- RV to tour state to promote Get Covered Illinois Updated: Mar-01-14 2:31 pm
- Search on for new director of Illinois DCFS agency Updated: Feb-28-14 6:31 am
- Illinois GOP governor candidates debate guns Updated: Feb-27-14 10:08 pm
- Cullerton: online gambling could bring in revenue Updated: Feb-27-14 2:50 pm
- Brady, Dillard still confident in governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 9:00 pm
- Quinn: New lab will be cradle of innovation Updated: Feb-25-14 5:42 pm
- New Illinois lab to link companies with research Updated: Feb-25-14 5:09 pm
- Quinn, leaders decry violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-21-14 4:08 am
- Biden tells Illinois crowd stimulus did its job Updated: Feb-19-14 6:47 pm
- Last day to register to vote in Illinois primaries Updated: Feb-18-14 4:06 am
- Illinois Senate leader warns of $3B budget hole Updated: Feb-17-14 4:35 pm
- Illinois DCFS head pleaded guilty to theft Updated: Feb-17-14 3:41 pm
- Ill. governor candidates back new building plan Updated: Feb-17-14 1:11 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn's re-election campaign is getting an out-of-state boost.
CHICAGO - Tens of thousands of dollars earmarked for a Chicago anti-violence program that was launched by Gov. Pat Quinn in 2010- and has recently come under scrutiny - was paid to the husband of Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - For state Sen. Kirk Dillard, it's an ethics reform law. For businessman Bruce Rauner, it's how his private-equity funds made money for state pension systems. State treasurer Dan Rutherford cites a fairer reimbursement of nursing homes. Sen. Bill Brady? His role in the state's landmark state pension overhaul.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two Democratic lawmakers involved in overseeing the troubled Illinois Department of Children and Family Services say the agency faces "horrendous" challenges in the year ahead as officials deal with yet another search for a new child-welfare chief, anticipated budget cuts and election year politics.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
CHICAGO - Illinois' attorney general says county clerks statewide can immediately begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples even though the state law legalizing gay marriage doesn't take effect until June.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday said he was disappointed with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Illinois' appeal for federal disaster assistance for local governments impacted by the Nov. 17 tornado outbreak.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Lisa Madigan on Tuesday told an Illinois county clerk that he and others around the state have the right to immediately issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An influential government watchdog group says Illinois should keep its temporary income tax increase in place for a year longer than initially promised and begin taxing retirement income to dig the state out of a massive budget hole - a solution that's both being praised for its even-handed approach and digested with a strong dose of skepticism over its prospects in an election year.
CHICAGO - Voters trickled into the polls Monday, the first day of early voting for primary contests that'll help determine Illinois' next governor, a U.S. senator and numerous local offices.
CHICAGO - It's the first day of early voting in Illinois, but Gov. Pat Quinn isn't going to the polls.
CHICAGO - With early voting starting Monday, the four Republican candidates for Illinois governor were campaigning throughout the state Saturday, encouraging their supporters to cast a ballot before the March 18 primary.
CHICAGO - With a six-month enrollment period ending at the end of March, the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace has planned a month of promotional activities and Gov. Pat Quinn has issued a proclamation to support the push to sign up the uninsured.
CHICAGO - An official in Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn's administration says a national search is underway to find the next head of the Department of Children and Family Services.
CHICAGO - The four Republicans bidding for Illinois governor are debating whether assault-style guns should be legal.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says the state could get needed revenue by legalizing online gambling, but he acknowledged getting approval would be difficult.
CHICAGO - Trailing in money and attention in the Illinois governor's race, Kirk Dillard and Bill Brady say they're not worried. They've been here before.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn says a new digital manufacturing lab to open in Chicago will become a birthplace for innovations.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The new public-private digital manufacturing lab planned for Chicago will mean 50 to 70 jobs for the city, a professor involved in the project says, but potentially far-reaching innovation for dozens of companies involved.
CHICAGO - Illinois' top Democratic leaders are decrying continuing violence in Ukraine.
GRANITE CITY, Illinois - Insisting the five-year-old federal stimulus package staved off a U.S. depression, Vice President Joe Biden toured the mucky site of a future Mississippi River harbor near an Illinois steel town and pressed for continued infrastructure spending he says has helped define the nation.
CHICAGO - Any Illinoisan who's not registered to vote had better hurry if they want to cast a ballot in the March 18 primary elections.
CHICAGO - Senate President John Cullerton warned Monday of a nearly $3 billion state budget gap - including a $1.6 billion revenue dip with the expiring income tax increase - and called on Republicans running for Illinois governor to offer solutions.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The new director of Illinois' child-welfare agency pleaded guilty to stealing money from clients of a Chicago social-service agency 20 years ago, according to a published report.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With the largest statewide public construction program in Illinois history nearing its end, all of the 2014 candidates for governor say the state should approve another one. But their ideas on what it should look like and how to pay for it vary.