- AP sources: Goodell will not recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-22-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension for his role in the deflated footballs scandal.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Column: In the end, the NFL cartel is what matters most Updated: May-20-15 5:18 pm
Tom Brady is on his own, cast off by an owner who figured out that being in the club that practically prints money is a lot more important than being loyal to one of his employees.
- Goodell wants to hear directly from Brady in appeal Updated: May-20-15 4:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday it's his responsibility to hear directly from New England quarterback Tom Brady in his appeal of his four-game suspension in the deflated footballs case.
- Players' union asks Goodell to recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
- Kraft-Goodell relationship frayed by NFL investigation Updated: May-18-15 5:27 pm
- Raiders' Del Rio: Deflategate ruling like USC "overreaction" Updated: May-16-15 10:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio is not a fan of the discipline handed down against the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal, likening it to the heavy sanctions received by his alma mater, Southern California, in the NCAA's Reggie Bush investigation.
- 'Deflategate' appeal could test powers of NFL commissioner Updated: May-16-15 6:02 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - This is no longer about deflated footballs.
- Falcons' Blank says failure to admit mistakes hurt Patriots Updated: May-14-15 3:59 pm
ATLANTA - Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Thursday there is a "general feeling" that the Patriots' failure to acknowledge mistakes added to the punishment they received for deflating footballs.
- Colts taking quiet approach to debate over Deflategate Updated: May-13-15 5:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Dwayne Allen was in an awkward position Wednesday.
- Brady's fill-in: 2nd-year QB Garoppolo in line to take over Updated: May-13-15 2:51 am
- Attorney general: NFL failing to focus on domestic violence Updated: May-12-15 8:37 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is criticizing the NFL, saying it has failed to spend nearly as much time investigating reports of domestic violence and sexual assault as it spent investigating whether the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady deflated footballs.
- John Elway says freak injuries won't change rookie minicamps Updated: May-12-15 7:44 pm
- MLB pumps up ball security after Tom Brady flap Updated: May-12-15 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - Even before Tom Brady was penalized, Major League Baseball boosted its prevent defense.
- Despite $1M fine, Patriots reap profit from Brady suspension Updated: May-12-15 6:23 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - A four-game suspension.
- Reid hits NFL over 'racist' Redskins name Updated: May-12-15 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says the National Football League is more concerned with air in footballs than the Washington Redskins' "racist" name.
- Ex-New England TE Coates: Pats will move past 'Deflategate' Updated: May-11-15 6:41 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former New England tight end great Ben Coates has heard from too many friends recently all bashing the Patriots for deflating footballs.
- Deflated-ball trick nothing new in games people play Updated: May-10-15 12:28 pm
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
- Don Shula says his Dolphins 'didn't deflate any balls' Updated: May-09-15 1:48 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Don Shula says he's proud of his legacy with the Miami Dolphins because they never deflated balls.
- Manning returns to Indy but avoids talking about Patriots Updated: May-08-15 9:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Peyton Manning tried to take the air out of "Deflategate" on Friday.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- Browns bringing Manziel along slowly, McCown likely starter Updated: May-08-15 4:55 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel's climb back might be steeper than he realized.
- New Jersey's Christie defends Tom Brady in New Hampshire Updated: May-07-15 9:54 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, visiting New Hampshire for the first time since two former aides were indicted and another pleaded guilty in a scheme to tie up traffic at one of the nation's busiest bridges, defended New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Thursday.
- Column: No games? No worry. It's butt-covering season in NFL Updated: May-07-15 12:42 pm
The NFL moves heaven and earth a dozen times every Sunday of the season to get calls on the field exactly right.
- Brady's agent says 'Deflategate' investigation flawed Updated: May-07-15 10:21 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The NFL was determined to blame Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for deflated footballs in the AFC title game, and the investigation omitted key facts and buried others, Brady's agent said Thursday.