- Deal to develop parkland near dunes riles conservationists Updated: Aug-27-15 5:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The parkland surrounding Indiana's towering dunes was intended to keep industry away from a geological marvel molded over thousands of years at the southern tip of Lake Michigan.
- IndyCar fans remember Wilson with tributes at Speedway Updated: Aug-25-15 2:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A memorial to late IndyCar driver Justin Wilson is growing outside the main gate of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Indiana enlists NRA to train Guard on firearms Updated: Aug-21-15 4:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Rifle Association has been instructing Indiana's National Guard members on how to use concealed weapons after Republican Gov. Mike Pence directed the state's military bases and training centers to beef up security in response to recent attacks in Tennessee.
- Pence, others seek USDA disaster aid for 8 more counties Updated: Aug-20-15 5:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence and others have asked U.S. Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack to make a secretarial disaster declaration for eight additional counties hit by heavy rains and flooding since May 1.
- Tallian ends gubernatorial bid, leaving Gregg lone Democrat Updated: Aug-17-15 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State Sen. Karen Tallian ended her campaign for governor Monday, leaving John Gregg the only Democrat remaining in the race.
- Indiana officials issuing fewer waivers to state ethics law Updated: Aug-17-15 3:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Government officials in Indiana have been issuing fewer waivers that would let state employees take related jobs in the private sector before a yearlong wait, according to state records.
- AM General hopes contract with Mercedes is sign of future Updated: Aug-11-15 6:58 pm
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - Black Mercedes-Benz R-Class SUVs rolled down the AM General assembly line Tuesday interspersed with white MV-1 wheelchair-accessible vans as workers began producing vehicles for the German automaker, a scene company officials believe is a sign of hope for the northern Indiana auto plant where Hummer H2s once were made.
- Las Vegas developer proposes casino by Indianapolis airport Updated: Aug-11-15 3:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Las Vegas-based casino developer has proposed a deal to Indiana and Indianapolis officials if they let Rising Sun Casino Resort move half of its 1,400 gambling tables to Marion County.
- Former governor candidate Ritz lends support to Gregg Updated: Aug-10-15 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz, who ended her gubernatorial race last week, says she is supporting fellow Democrat John Gregg for the party's nomination for governor.
- Schools chief Ritz dropping campaign for Indiana governor Updated: Aug-07-15 5:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democratic state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz is dropping out of the 2016 Indiana governor's race in favor of seeking re-election to her current position.
- Pence woos business prospects at New York Yankees game Updated: Aug-07-15 11:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is trying to woo new businesses to the state, treating relocation prospects to a $24,000 gathering at a New York Yankees baseball game this week.
- Pence says he will fight new EPA emissions rules in court Updated: Aug-03-15 7:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence vowed Monday to "vigorously" fight President Barack Obama's recently finalized plan to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants across the U.S. over the next fifteen years.
- Some Midwest farmers' crops falter in record rains Updated: Aug-01-15 11:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Weeks of record rainfalls drenched Don Lamb's cornfields this summer, drowning some plants and leaving others yellowed, 2 feet tall and capable of producing little, if any, grain.
- Pence asks for disaster declaration in 53 Indiana counties Updated: Jul-31-15 2:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence and Sen. Joe Donnelly are asking the U.S. agriculture secretary to declare 53 of Indiana's 92 counties disaster areas because of crop damage and losses caused by flooding and excessive rain.