- Arab envoys say no to Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-09-14 3:34 pm
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- Abbas: No recognition of Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-07-14 2:05 pm
- Netanyahu speaks about Iran at Los Angeles museum Updated: Mar-06-14 3:00 pm
- Obama asks top aide Susan Rice to travel to Israel Updated: Mar-05-14 9:04 pm
- Mayor wants Secret Service changes after gridlock Updated: Mar-05-14 8:17 am
- Netanyahu to Abbas: 'Recognize the Jewish state' Updated: Mar-04-14 3:54 pm
- US, Europeans try to rally Western front vs Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 pm
- Obama: Tough choices nearing in Mideast talks Updated: Mar-03-14 4:10 pm
- Obama to meet Palestinian President Abbas in March Updated: Feb-27-14 11:03 am
- Israel takes risk with airstrike on Hezbollah Updated: Feb-26-14 6:03 pm
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- Israel, Germany disagree over Iran nuclear talks Updated: Feb-25-14 11:38 am
- Israeli demand sparks 'Jewish state' debate Updated: Feb-21-14 3:28 am
- Kerry 'determined' to get Middle East peace deal Updated: Feb-20-14 4:11 pm
- For Israel, it's all about the population figures Updated: Feb-18-14 1:56 pm
- Israel's Netanyahu calls boycotters 'anti-Semites' Updated: Feb-17-14 3:35 pm
- Cyprus President trumpets energy boost for Turkey Updated: Feb-17-14 1:52 pm
- Netanyahu to visit White House March 3 Updated: Feb-12-14 10:50 am
- Iran's Rouhani calls for 'constructive' nuke talks Updated: Feb-11-14 3:25 pm
CAIRO - Arab foreign ministers on Sunday rejected Israel's demands that the Palestinians recognize it as a Jewish state, saying such a move would undermine the rights of Palestinian refugees.
EILAT, Israel - Israel's military says a cargo ship it intercepted in the Red Sea last week carried 40 rockets with a range of up to 160 kilometers (100 miles) and dozens of mortar shells.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said there is "no way" he will recognize Israel as a Jewish state and accept a Palestinian capital in just a portion of Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem, rebuffing what Palestinians fear will be key elements of a U.S. peace proposal.
LOS ANGELES - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Jewish community leaders on Thursday that he was determined to contain Iran's nuclear program and protect the state of Israel from Iran.
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama has asked National Security Adviser Susan Rice to travel to Israel in May. Her visit comes after bilateral talks this week between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Obama. Rice would lead the U.S. delegation to the U.S.-Israel Consultative Group.
WASHINGTON - Mayor Vincent Gray is calling for changes to Secret Service protocols for visiting dignitaries to avoid downtown gridlock.
WASHINGTON - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that reassuring words from Iranian officials about not wanting nuclear weapons do not square with Tehran's actions - and that the international community needs to exert more pressure to deny Iran the capability of making nuclear arms.
WASHINGTON - The U.S and major allies strained on Monday to rally a strong Western front to persuade Russia to step back from a military takeover of Ukraine's strategic Crimea region. But several acknowledged there are few options beyond already-threatened economic and diplomatic penalties, and critics said administration efforts were too little, too late after years of pressing for friendlier relations with Moscow.
WASHINGTON - Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Barack Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians.
WASHINGTON - Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas plans to meet with President Barack Obama next month to discuss Mideast peace talks. The meeting will occur two weeks after Obama is set to host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House.
JERUSALEM - Israel has opened a new front in its attempts to halt weapons smuggling to Hezbollah, striking one of the group's positions inside Lebanon for the first time since the sides fought a war eight years ago.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
JERUSALEM - The leaders of Israel and Germany acknowledged Tuesday they don't see eye to eye on how to deal with Iran's nuclear program as negotiations between Tehran and world powers proceed.
JERUSALEM - Is Israel "the Jewish state"?
JERUSALEM - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he remained "committed" and "determined" to reaching a Middle East peace deal, but said in an interview aired Thursday that he understood Israeli fears and skepticism of its outcome.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian construction worker Nael Yassin and his wife, Wafa, are the proud parents of a new baby girl - the fifth child for the couple in their early 30s.
JERUSALEM - It is time Israel fought back against those who boycott the Jewish state, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday, dubbing them "anti-Semites."
NICOSIA, Cyprus - An agreement to end the 40-year division of Cyprus could give Turkey access to ample supplies of gas and reboot its relations with Israel, the president of the small Mediterranean island nation said Monday.
TEHRAN, Iran - President Hassan Rouhani called Tuesday for "fair and constructive" nuclear talks with world powers as Iran marked the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution with massive rallies that featured a new American target for their traditional "death to" slogans.