- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Spain slips to surprise loss in South Africa Updated: Nov-19-13 5:54 pm
- Costa finds ally in choice of Spain over Brazil Updated: Nov-18-13 10:09 am
- Spain beats Equatorial Guinea 2-1 in friendly Updated: Nov-16-13 7:59 pm
- Coach defends Spain vs Equatoria Guinea match Updated: Nov-15-13 10:49 am
- Spain coach Del Bosque signs 2-year extension Updated: Nov-15-13 9:48 am
- Costa called on for Spain's friendlies in Africa Updated: Nov-07-13 12:39 pm
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain's return to the stadium where it won the World Cup was spoiled Tuesday as Bernard Parker's second-half goal gave South Africa a shock 1-0 win over the world and European champion.
MADRID - Because he was born in Brazil and chose to play for Spain's national team, Diego Costa can expect a rough reception from Brazilian fans at next year's World Cup.
MALABO, Equatorial Guinea - Spain won 2-1 at former colony Equatorial Guinea on Saturday amid criticism of the appropriateness of the world champions playing a friendly in a country dogged by accusations of human rights abuse under its current president.
MALABO, Equatorial Guinea - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has defended the country's decision to play an international exhibition in Equatorial Guinea amid disapproval that the visit legitimized a regime criticized for human rights violations.
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has signed a two-year contract extension that will see him lead the world champions through the next European Championship.
MADRID - Brazilian-born, naturalized Spanish striker Diego Costa was called up for the first time by Spain to play in a pair of friendlies in Africa.