- Southern African leaders discuss industrialization strategy Updated: Apr-29-15 1:25 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Southern African leaders met in the Zimbabwean capital Harare on Wednesday to discuss how to maximize profits from their countries' natural resources.
- Icelandic film about 43-year-old virgin tops Tribeca awards Updated: Apr-23-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - An offbeat Icelandic romantic comedy about a 43-year-old virgin has won best narrative feature at the Tribeca Film Festival.
- African, Asian leaders agree to cooperate against terrorism Updated: Apr-23-15 10:04 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Asian and African leaders agreed to develop concrete ways to cooperate in fighting extremism and the financing of terrorism, they said at the conclusion of a summit in Indonesia's capital Thursday.
- South African looters target foreign-owned shops, 5 killed Updated: Apr-14-15 11:40 am
JOHANNESBURG - At least five people in South Africa have died in attacks on immigrant-owned shops and hundreds of people have fled their homes since last week, authorities said Tuesday as they struggled to stem one of the worst outbreaks of violence in years against foreigners, many of them from other African countries.
- Zimbabwean leader invites investment on South Africa visit Updated: Apr-08-15 12:04 pm
PRETORIA, South Africa - On his first state visit to South Africa since 1994, Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on Wednesday pleaded for investment into his country's struggling economy, but insisted that Zimbabweans must have a controlling stake in all companies.