- South African president booed at Mandela memorial Updated: Dec-10-13 11:14 am
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Gracious and tough, Mandela was fun to cover Updated: Dec-05-13 7:54 pm
- Zimbabwe's top rights lawyer acquitted Updated: Nov-26-13 11:01 am
- Zimbabwe's president: I'm no British clone Updated: Nov-18-13 11:37 am
JOHANNESBURG - At Nelson Mandela's memorial, the crowd applauded dignitaries and even cheered the last apartheid-era president. But spectators booed South African leader Jacob Zuma, embarrassing him on an international stage and reflecting challenges that the ruling party, once led by Mandela, faces ahead of elections next year.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
NEW YORK - The thing about Nelson Mandela was that he made the rest of us want to be almost as noble as he.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's leading rights lawyer Beatrice Mtetwa was acquitted Tuesday of charges of obstructing justice and being unruly to police officers.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's longtime President Robert Mugabe says he doesn't want anyone to be fooled by his impeccable Western style of dress and his precise, teacherly use of English: He is African through and through.