- Stanford, Michigan State headed to 100th Rose Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 10:57 pm
- Sun Devils lose 38-14 to Stanford in Pac-12 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:21 am
- Cardinal beat ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game Updated: Dec-07-13 11:57 pm
- Stanford's Trent Murphy traces toughness to family Updated: Dec-05-13 3:48 pm
- Gaffney's return to Stanford exceeds expectations Updated: Dec-02-13 6:36 pm
- Stanford, Arizona State set for Pac-12 title game Updated: Dec-01-13 8:41 pm
- No. 8 Stanford holds off No. 25 Notre Dame, 27-20 Updated: Dec-01-13 1:23 am
- Notre Dame, Stanford familiar with each other Updated: Nov-28-13 12:29 pm
- No. 8 Stanford staying focused through highs, lows Updated: Nov-26-13 6:40 pm
- Pac-12 championship matchup set Updated: Nov-24-13 4:50 pm
- Cal ends Dykes' first season with Big Game loss Updated: Nov-23-13 9:03 pm
- Pac-12's list of bowl-eligible teams up to 8 Updated: Nov-20-13 6:06 pm
- Dykes hopes to mirror Stanford's turnaround at Cal Updated: Nov-19-13 6:24 pm
- No. 5 Stanford stunned by USC 20-17 in last minute Updated: Nov-17-13 1:45 am
- USC stuns No. 5 Stanford 20-17 on late field goal Updated: Nov-17-13 1:18 am
- Henry Anderson giving No. 5 Stanford some relief Updated: Nov-13-13 3:50 pm
- No. 5 Stanford focused on USC, not BCS standings Updated: Nov-12-13 6:10 pm
- Stanford's win over Oregon muddles Pac-12 again Updated: Nov-08-13 5:48 pm
- Stanford jolts Oregon and BCS race Updated: Nov-08-13 4:50 am
- No. 6 Stanford holds off No. 2 Oregon 26-20 Updated: Nov-08-13 1:51 am
- Oregon's defense wary of physical Stanford Updated: Nov-05-13 5:38 pm
- Oregon, Stanford coaches a mirror of success Updated: Nov-05-13 4:03 pm
PASADENA, California - Michigan State and Stanford have been selected to ring in the Rose Bowl's centennial.
TEMPE, Arizona - Arizona State had two main goals in its rematch against Stanford: Prevent the Cardinal from getting off to a fast start and playing better on special teams.
TEMPE, Arizona - Stanford's players stood on the makeshift stage in the end zone, waving red roses as coach David Shaw accepted the Pac-12 championship trophy.
STANFORD, California - The tough and tenacious way Trent Murphy plays football can be traced to his early years growing up just a few miles away from where the outside linebacker will take the field for Stanford against Arizona State in the Pac-12 championship game Saturday night at Sun Devil Stadium.
STANFORD, California - Tyler Gaffney attended last year's Pac-12 championship game as a fan, milling around the sidelines at Stanford Stadium before kickoff and spending the rest of the night in the stands.
STANFORD, California - The Pac-12 title game matchup has been set for a week. Now so is the location.
STANFORD, California - Tangible evidence of a job well done.
STANFORD, California - Even though his parents and younger sister showed up for Stanford's game at Notre Dame last year, Cardinal cornerback Alex Carter never felt his team had the full support of his family.
STANFORD, California - In control of a Pac-12 title and a Rose Bowl berth one week, out of the mix the next and now back in the hunt for both entering the regular-season finale.
TUCSON, Arizona - Oregon was in control of the Pac-12 North until it lost to Stanford. The Cardinal put the Ducks in charge by losing to Southern California, only to get it right back when Oregon lost to Arizona.
STANFORD, California - Quarterback Jared Goff went down with a separated right shoulder in the first half and California's day only got worse. Sonny Dykes' disappointing debut season coaching in Berkeley ended in further embarrassment with a lopsided loss in the Bay Area's college football rivalry.
PHOENIX - No. 5 Oregon is a longshot to play in the BCS title game, thanks to its loss to Stanford earlier this month.
BERKELEY, California - The TEDx Talk that Stanford coach David Shaw gave earlier this year about turning a prestigious academic university into a football powerhouse resonated with many of his colleagues around the country. Perhaps surprisingly, even Sonny Dykes watched the presentation to see how he could use the same concepts at rival California.
LOS ANGELES - Stanford coach David Shaw waited at midfield for several minutes, but couldn't find Ed Orgeron amid the raucous crowd of Southern California fans celebrating their Trojans' upset victory.
LOS ANGELES - The Coliseum stands emptied in waves that flowed onto the field after Stanford's final fumble. Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defense that wouldn't break.
STANFORD, California - Until he sacked Oregon's Marcus Mariota last week, teammates had teased Henry Anderson for his lack of flair following big plays.
STANFORD, California - If Stanford coach David Shaw had his way, there would be an eight-team playoff this season. The champions from the six major conferences - SEC, Pac-12, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and the American Athletic - would automatically qualify, and there would be two at-large bids.
STANFORD, California - The Pac-12 has been fighting with the SEC for years to be considered the nation's toughest conference. That might finally be the case this season - though to the Pac-12's detriment.
STANFORD, California - Stanford is a breeding ground for innovators and inventors, home to the ingenious and industrious.
STANFORD, California - Stanford squashed Oregon's national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Florida State might want to send the Cardinal a thank you card.
EUGENE, Oregon - Stanford's physical, old-school offense is something Oregon's defense isn't used to seeing. The Ducks are well aware of the trouble that can cause.
STANFORD, California - Oregon coach Mark Helfrich and Stanford's David Shaw shared some laughs when they met for the first time this offseason during an annual Pac-12 Conference meeting.