- Obamas and friends take in dinner and play in NYC Updated: Apr-11-14 8:52 pm
- Rangel, challengers meet in primary's first debate Updated: Apr-10-14 10:59 pm
- Sharpton opens civil rights annual; Obama expected Updated: Apr-09-14 3:49 pm
- Al Sharpton says report of FBI cooperation not new Updated: Apr-08-14 4:51 pm
- NYC mayor delivers big laughs at annual show Updated: Mar-23-14 1:02 am
NEW YORK - Capping two days devoted to praising the advances of the civil rights movement, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attended the Broadway revival of "A Raisin in the Sun," a play about an African-American family in 1950s Chicago.
NEW YORK - Two candidates looking to replace Rep. Charles Rangel in Congress wasted no time in using his long career and an ethics scandal against him in the first Democratic primary debate for the 13th Congressional District.
NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton opened his annual civil rights conference Wednesday, which President Barack Obama plans to attend, amid revelations about the activist's cooperation with the FBI in a 1980s mob investigation.
NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton admitted on Tuesday that he helped the FBI investigate New York Mafia figures in the 1980s, even making secret recordings that appeared to help bring down a mob boss.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio, the unabashedly liberal leader of the nation's most populous city, was portrayed Saturday in the first act of the annual Inner Circle show as a steal-from-the-rich Robin Hood - but elicited big laughs in his rebuttal performance by poking fun of his own shortcomings with the help of some celebrity guests.