- APNewsBreak: Cornyn spent $5.5M during GOP primary Updated: Apr-11-14 12:24 pm
- Obama offers solace to nation at Fort Hood Updated: Apr-09-14 7:44 pm
- Perry, Cruz visit wounded at Fort Hood in Texas Updated: Apr-04-14 2:05 pm
- Report: Vacant Texas federal judgeships languish Updated: Apr-02-14 1:25 am
- Senators urge end of deal to buy Russian choppers Updated: Mar-27-14 1:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Sen. John Cornyn spent nearly $5.5 million in the two months leading up to Texas' Republican primary to help fend off a quixotic challenge from the right by renegade Congressman Steve Stockman.
FORT HOOD, Texas - President Barack Obama returned to the grieving Army post Wednesday where he first took on the job as the nation's comforter five years ago, mourning with families and uniformed comrades of those killed during last week's Fort Hood shooting spree. "We somehow bear what seems unbearable," he declared.
FORT HOOD, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen Ted Cruz say they've visited with military personnel wounded in Wednesday's shooting at Fort Hood that left four dead and 16 wounded.
AUSTIN, Texas - Ten federal judgeships have sat vacant in Texas for an average of nearly two years, creating a backlog of more than 12,000 cases, according to a report by two progressive advocacy groups that blame the problem on the state's U.S. senators.
WASHINGTON - Seeking stiffer penalties against Moscow, a group of senators called on President Barack Obama Thursday to respond more forcefully to the incursion into the Crimean Peninsula by terminating the remainder of a $1 billion contract to buy helicopters from Russia.