- E-cigarettes ignite debate over regulation, sales Updated: Mar-08-14 4:13 am
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Lawmakers pass bills deleting 'retarded' from laws Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 pm
- Michigan jobless rate down to 7.8 percent Updated: Mar-05-14 5:53 pm
- Senate OKs bills so cities don't lose revenue Updated: Mar-04-14 7:25 pm
- Pa. official to discuss transportation in Michigan Updated: Mar-03-14 1:15 pm
- Senate OKs repeal of law making sheriffs kill dogs Updated: Feb-27-14 2:22 pm
- Michigan governor lauds Dingell's contributions Updated: Feb-24-14 12:54 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
- Obama pitches minimum wage hike with Dem governors Updated: Feb-21-14 6:08 pm
- Snyder calls bankruptcy blueprint 'thoughtful' Updated: Feb-21-14 12:08 pm
- Snyder asks judge to uphold same-sex benefits ban Updated: Feb-17-14 2:17 pm
- Snyder names budget chief after Nixon steps down Updated: Feb-13-14 7:34 pm
- House Dems want independent probe of prison escape Updated: Feb-10-14 5:32 pm
- Snyder talks about economy, bridge - bears Updated: Feb-07-14 7:01 pm
- Snyder: Obama signing bill in Michigan an honor Updated: Feb-07-14 12:40 pm
- Mich. attorney general to lead prison escape probe Updated: Feb-07-14 10:11 am
LANSING, Michigan - Banning the sale of electronic cigarettes to kids may seem like a no-brainer, yet Gov. Rick Snyder's administration and a number of health advocacy groups oppose legislation that does just that. They say it doesn't go far enough.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
LANSING, Michigan - The terms "mental retardation" and "mentally retarded" will be removed from state laws under legislation that unanimously passed the state Senate and House on Wednesday.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has dropped half a percentage point to 7.8 percent in the latest month reported as the number of job seekers not working fell despite an increase in the labor force, the state reported Wednesday.
LANSING, Michigan - Bipartisan legislation designed to ensure that local governments' budgets would not be harmed when manufacturers and small businesses get a tax cut won easy approval Tuesday in the state Senate, five months before a statewide vote on the tax overhaul.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A top Pennsylvania Department of Transportation official will travel to Michigan to discuss how Pennsylvania passed a major transportation funding bill.
LANSING, Michigan - Lawmakers in Lansing have voted to eliminate an unenforced law requiring county sheriffs to locate and kill unlicensed dogs.
Lansing State Journal. Feb. 17
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.
WASHINGTON - As President Barack Obama pushes for a minimum wage increase, the real action is in the states.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says Detroit's emergency manager submitted a "thoughtful, comprehensive" blueprint to get the bankrupt city back on solid financial footing.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder wants a federal judge to continue Michigan's ban on domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples who work for state and local governments.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday named his deputy chief of staff as the new state budget director because John Nixon is returning to his home state for a job at the University of Utah.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic lawmakers are demanding an independent investigation into a murderer's escape from a Michigan prison.
DETROIT - Panda bears at the Detroit Zoo?
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says he's honored that President Barack Obama has chosen to sign the sweeping farm bill in Michigan State University and says it recognizes the state's strength in agriculture production and innovation.
LANSING, Michigan - The office of Michigan's attorney general plans to lead an investigation into the daring escape of a convicted killer who was captured a day later in Indiana.