- Schauer releases plan to raise education funding Updated: Apr-16-14 7:27 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Arab Americans to be honored at Detroit dinner Updated: Apr-12-14 4:04 am
- Calley signs bill clarifying election procedures Updated: Apr-06-14 2:39 pm
- Judge in porch shooting case won't step down Updated: Apr-04-14 5:38 pm
- Snyder wants to keep Calley as his running mate Updated: Apr-04-14 3:46 pm
- Schauer taps Brown as Democratic running mate Updated: Apr-03-14 7:41 pm
- Like Obama, Schauer sees minimum wage as big issue Updated: Apr-02-14 4:49 pm
- Michigan Medicaid expansion start draws 11,848 Updated: Apr-01-14 10:08 pm
- Calley signs bills so cities don't lose revenue Updated: Apr-01-14 6:10 pm
- Calley signs bills cutting taxes for oil drilling Updated: Apr-01-14 4:33 pm
- Clarification: Oil Drilling Taxes story Updated: Mar-27-14 3:56 pm
- Anti-smoking groups want money spent for health Updated: Mar-27-14 11:05 am
- Michigan governor stays cautious on gay marriage Updated: Mar-25-14 7:22 pm
- Gov. Snyder: Bills owner made mark beyond sports Updated: Mar-25-14 6:14 pm
- Bills deleting 'retarded' from laws go to Snyder Updated: Mar-25-14 11:29 am
- Republican governors group to air ad in Michigan Updated: Mar-24-14 7:06 pm
- Christie's dissenters become more vocal, visible Updated: Mar-22-14 10:44 am
- Snyder expands scope of mental health panels Updated: Mar-22-14 4:04 am
- Snyder: obligated to defend same-sex marriage law Updated: Mar-21-14 6:46 pm
- Peters presses Land on abortion insurance law Updated: Mar-20-14 11:27 pm
- House OKs school turnaround district legislation Updated: Mar-20-14 9:53 pm
- Lawmakers honor Rose Bowl champs Michigan State Updated: Mar-20-14 2:28 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer said Wednesday he would make education his top budget priority, but didn't specify how much he'd spend on schools or universities.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
DETROIT - Former U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is being honored this weekend in Detroit as one of two Arab Americans of the Year.
LANSING, Michigan - Lt. Gov. Brian Calley has signed bipartisan legislation that clarifies election procedures and protects a voter's personal information.
DETROIT - A judge denied on Friday a request to remove herself from the case of a Detroit-area man who fatally shot an unarmed woman on his porch, a move that triggers a review by the chief criminal judge that will delay the case.
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - Michigan Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer announced Thursday that he has picked Oakland County Clerk Lisa Brown as his running mate, describing her as a fighter for middle class families, education and equal rights.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - President Barack Obama wasn't the only Democrat pushing for a minimum wage hike in Ann Arbor.
LANSING, Michigan - When Thomas Booth's mom told him he needed health insurance, he knew she was speaking from experience. As a breast cancer patient, his mom has relied on her Medicaid coverage for years of treatment, he said.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Lt. Gov. Brian Calley has signed legislation designed to ensure local government budgets aren't hurt if manufacturers and small businesses get planned tax cuts.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - During a visit to Western Michigan University, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley signed legislation Tuesday aimed at encouraging a type of oil drilling that uses carbon dioxide.
LANSING, Michigan - In a March 19 story, The Associated Press paraphrased George Peridas, a Natural Resources Defense Council environmental scientist, as saying that sustainable energy is still a luxury at this time. Peridas instead said that sustainable energy production currently is dwarfed by fossil fuel production.
LANSING, Michigan - Anti-smoking groups want to ensure that the money Michigan gets from its settlement with tobacco companies is used to improve the health of the state's residents.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, who keeps mostly silent on social issues in favor of focusing on the economy, is stepping carefully on the issue of gay marriage after a judge's declaration that the state's ban is unconstitutional.
LANSING, Michigan - The terms "mental retardation" and "mentally retarded" will be removed from state laws under legislation being sent to Gov. Rick Snyder.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Critics of Republican Gov. Chris Christie are becoming more vocal - and more visible.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has expanded the scope of mental health panels he created last year.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder says he respects a ruling that Michigan's ban against gay marriage is unconstitutional while recognizing appeals are going to be filed.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Gary Peters on Thursday pressed Republican Terri Lynn Land on Michigan's new abortion insurance law, saying she should come out of her "bunker" and say if she supports it.
LANSING, Michigan - The Republican-led House narrowly approved legislation Thursday changing a state turnaround district that can take over the lowest-performing 5 percent of public schools, a year after it first approved a version that ran into resistance from GOP senators.
LANSING, Michigan - Lawmakers honored the Michigan State football team Thursday at the state Capitol following the school's first Rose Bowl victory in more than a quarter-century.