- Lawmakers weigh passing, ignoring abortion bill Updated: Dec-03-13 5:05 pm
- Detroit small businesses getting more loan access Updated: Nov-26-13 3:44 pm
- Detroit EM, mayor-elect announce new finance chief Updated: Nov-21-13 9:10 pm
- Mich. budget chief's brother seeking $5M contract Updated: Nov-20-13 4:23 pm
- Schauer calls for raising minimum wage to $9.25 Updated: Nov-18-13 4:06 am
- Mich. Republicans split over disclosing ad funders Updated: Nov-14-13 5:22 pm
- Gov. Rick Snyder hosting veterans' event in Taylor Updated: Nov-13-13 4:07 am
- Snyder signs law moving lawsuits to appeals court Updated: Nov-12-13 6:35 pm
- Michigan board approves state lease of Belle Isle Updated: Nov-12-13 6:13 pm
- AP Interview: Bing says bankruptcy 'inevitable' Updated: Nov-07-13 4:52 pm
- Flint voters elect 2 ex-convicts to City Council Updated: Nov-07-13 3:28 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A citizen-initiated proposal that would require separate insurance for abortions landed in the Republican-led Legislature on Tuesday, with both sides immediately pressuring lawmakers to either pass it or leave it to voters.
DETROIT - Political and national business leaders gathered in Detroit on Tuesday to launch a program that will provide small businesses with access to millions of dollars in loans and other boosts.
DETROIT - Detroit's mayor-elect and its state-appointed emergency manager announced Thursday that a former overseer of Washington, D.C., is their city's new chief financial officer.
LANSING, Michigan - A company run by the brother of Michigan Budget Director John Nixon is in the running for a $5 million education technology project now up for bids.
DETROIT - Mark Schauer says he'll make raising the minimum wage a top priority as Michigan governor.
LANSING, Michigan - Hours after Michigan Secretary of State Ruth Johnson proposed requiring political parties and other interests to disclose individual donors who pay for certain election ads, the state Senate moved quickly to keep intact the existing rules so contributors stay anonymous.
TAYLOR, Michigan - A Medal of Honor recipient is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at a veterans' event in suburban Detroit.
LANSING, Michigan - Republican Gov. Rick Snyder signed a law Tuesday removing lawsuits filed against the state from the jurisdiction of Ingham County and instead handing them to the state appeals court over objections from Democrats who accused him of court-rigging.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan will operate and maintain Detroit's 985-acre Belle Isle as a state park under a lease agreement approved Tuesday by a state board that rejected an alternative proposed by the City Council.
DETROIT - Outgoing Detroit Mayor Dave Bing says the once-thriving automotive capital of the world had no choice but to file for bankruptcy after it "hit bottom," buried by high pension and health care obligations and millions of dollars in bond debt.
FLINT, Michigan - A convicted killer and a man who served probation for felonious assault were elected as council members in a Michigan city long plagued by crime and economic distress.