- Water center to aid in crises like drought, floods Updated: May-26-15 5:24 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A new federal center will help improve forecasts and emergency response during future water crises like the California drought and flooding in Texas, Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker said Tuesday.
- Clinton appears to rule out return of ground forces in Iraq Updated: May-22-15 3:45 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she sees "no role whatsoever" for U.S. ground forces in Iraq despite setbacks in the struggle against Islamic State militants.
- GOP senators advance bill to ease rules on smaller banks Updated: May-21-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican senators advanced legislation Thursday that would ease rules on smaller banks and other requirements of the landmark law reining in Wall Street and the financial industry after the 2008 crisis.
- Top US regulators warn of new threats to financial system Updated: May-19-15 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The panel created to prevent a repeat of the 2008 financial crisis said Tuesday that banks and other financial institutions are stronger now but regulators must remain alert to new risks including the danger posed from cyberattack.
- Clinton defends financial regs for big banks, dodges trade Updated: May-19-15 1:35 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton sharply criticized Republican efforts to revamp a 2010 financial regulation law as "cynical attempt to game the system for those at the top." But she continued to avoid taking a position on an Asia-Pacific trade pact that has divided fellow Democrats.