- Facebook reports stronger-than-expected 1Q results Updated: Apr-27-16 5:18 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook posted stronger-than-expected results for its first quarter, helped by a growing number of users and higher advertising revenue, especially on mobile devices.
- Facebook shows new ways to chat, stream video Updated: Apr-12-16 5:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Looking for new ways to engage with its audience, Facebook says people who use its Messenger chat service will soon be able to order flowers, shop for shoes and talk with a variety of businesses by sending them direct text messages.
- Stephen Hawking joins futuristic bid to explore outer space Updated: Apr-12-16 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - With famed physicist Stephen Hawking at his side, an Internet investor announced Tuesday that he's spending $100 million on a futuristic plan to explore far outside our solar system.
- Exclusive boarding schools face reckoning on sexual abuse Updated: Apr-12-16 12:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A series of sexual abuse scandals is forcing a reckoning at some of New England's most exclusive boarding schools and sending a shudder through similar institutions around the country that have long been training grounds for members of America's elite.
- Why you might soon text robots as often as your friends Updated: Apr-11-16 7:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The robots are coming - to help run your life or sell you stuff - at an online texting service near you.
- Liberia giving school oversight to American group Updated: Apr-08-16 12:16 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia plans to outsource the oversight of its entire primary education sector to a U.S.-based, for-profit company that is linked to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, education officials say.