- Newark teachers union not in love with breakthrough contract Updated: Oct-01-15 9:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - It was hailed as a breakthrough when the bargain was struck: Top-performing teachers in Newark could get bigger paychecks.
- 'The Prize' shows complexity of school reform Updated: Sep-28-15 2:46 pm
"The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?" (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), by Dale Russakoff
- Modi touts social media, tech development in Facebook visit Updated: Sep-28-15 12:50 am
MENLO PARK, California - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi touted the power of social media and his own goals for developing India's tech economy on Sunday, speaking to a global audience from a "town hall" meeting at the headquarters of the world's largest social network.
- Obama, Beyonce part of Global Citizen fest all-star lineup Updated: Sep-26-15 11:15 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama introduced a new campaign focusing on education for girls, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai earned loud applause for her striking speech and Beyonce was energetic during her live performance at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.
- Silicon Valley to give India's Modi 'rock star' treatment Updated: Sep-26-15 12:06 am
SAN FRANCISCO - For a change, Silicon Valley is buzzing about something besides a sleek new device, mind-bending breakthrough or precocious billionaire.
- The Latest: Hollywood and big business meet at China dinner Updated: Sep-25-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments from the state visit that President Barack Obama is hosting for Chinese President Xi Jinping. All times local:
- Nasdaq center aims to build relationships with startups Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Nasdaq has long been known as the "tech-heavy" stock exchange, where some of Silicon Valley's best-known companies have gone to sell shares. Now, as it faces stiff competition from rival exchanges to lure the next hot IPO, it's reaching out to business startups before they go public.
- The Latest: Chinese president gets high school jersey Updated: Sep-23-15 9:21 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to the United States (all times local):
- After outrage, India rethinks draconian social media policy Updated: Sep-22-15 7:43 am
NEW DELHI - The Indian government backtracked Tuesday on a proposed requirement for all messages sent on social media and mobile chatting apps to be saved for several months as a way of defeating encryption technology.