- Dispute erupts over school reform in Newark, NJ Updated: Mar-08-14 1:01 pm
- Snowden, Assange top bill at Texas tech gathering Updated: Mar-07-14 4:50 pm
- 'Today' feeling fight again after Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 3:49 pm
- US companies spend heavily on big mergers in 2014 Updated: Mar-05-14 7:08 pm
- Randi Zuckerberg books face time on Broadway Updated: Mar-04-14 7:10 pm
- Reports: Facebook looks to buy solar drone company Updated: Mar-04-14 3:34 pm
- Hip-hop venture capitalist raps in management book Updated: Mar-04-14 1:51 pm
- Gates back on top of Forbes' billionaire rankings Updated: Mar-03-14 5:44 pm
- Advocacy group targets House GOP on immigration Updated: Mar-03-14 3:26 pm
- Does WhatsApp deal show Facebook knows what's up? Updated: Feb-20-14 5:27 pm
- 2 of most generous Americans are South Dakotans Updated: Feb-14-14 10:19 am
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg biggest giver in 2013 Updated: Feb-10-14 6:10 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - More than three years after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg committed $100 million toward remaking Newark's struggling schools, the district is engulfed in a dispute over proposed large-scale teacher layoffs that's threatening to derail wider reform efforts.
AUSTIN, Texas - Surveillance. Online privacy. Robots. Food processing. Wearable computers. To get a sense of what's on the minds of the tech industry's thinkers, leaders and tinkerers, it's a good idea to head to Austin, Texas, rather than Silicon Valley this time of the year.
NEW YORK - NBC's "Today" show didn't leave its mojo in Sochi and is feeling newly energized in the program's perpetual battle with ABC's dominant "Good Morning America."
NEW YORK - So far, 2014 is looking like the year of the big deal.
NEW YORK - Facebook is in talks to buy Titan Aerospace, a maker of solar-powered drones, to step up its efforts to provide Internet access to remote parts of the world, according to reports from technology blog Techcrunch and financial news outlet CNBC.
SAN FRANCISCO - Venture capitalist Ben Horowitz is hailed as a Silicon Valley sage today, but he wanted to be a hip-hop hero when he was in college.
NEW YORK - Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is once again the world's richest person.
WASHINGTON - An advocacy group affiliated with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg launched a nationwide ad on Monday that implores House Republicans to act this election year on legislation overhauling the nation's immigration system.
SAN FRANCISCO - If Facebook hopes to remain the social networking leader, CEO Mark Zuckerberg knows the company must follow the people. That realization compelled Zuckerberg to pay $19 billion for WhatsApp, a mobile messaging application that is redefining the concept of texting while its audience of 450 million users expands at an even faster clip than Facebook itself.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Chronicle of Philanthropy's list of 50 most generous givers in the country last year includes two South Dakotans.
SEATTLE - Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, were the most generous American philanthropists in 2013, with a donation of 18 million shares of Facebook stock, valued at more than $970 million, to a Silicon Valley nonprofit in December.