- White wash: Yanks sweep Cubs 3-0, 2-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:57 pm
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut Updated: Apr-15-14 7:33 pm
- Yankees closer Robertson headed to disabled list Updated: Apr-07-14 6:31 pm
- Jeter starts Bronx farewell memorably Updated: Apr-07-14 6:00 pm
- Sabathia gets 1st win; Yanks beat Blue Jays 6-4 Updated: Apr-06-14 5:48 pm
- Solarte's 3 hits lead Yankees over Astros, 4-2 Updated: Apr-04-14 12:42 am
- Jeter honored in Houston Updated: Apr-03-14 1:05 am
- Jeter's farewell, Tanaka's arrival highlight Yanks Updated: Mar-25-14 6:40 pm
- Closing time: From obscurity to supremacy and back Updated: Mar-24-14 3:12 pm
- No. 3 seed Iowa State ousts North Carolina 85-83 Updated: Mar-23-14 11:56 pm
- Timeout confusion dooms No. 6 seed North Carolina Updated: Mar-23-14 11:21 pm
- MLB 2014: West teams chase low-budget Athletics Updated: Mar-20-14 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - There was nothing mysterious about Michael Pineda's performance this time. Masahiro Tanaka's dominant outing was pretty straight forward, too.
NEW YORK - Marking the 67th anniversary of the day Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier, the Rev. Jesse Jackson praised Commissioner Bud Selig for the strides the sport has taken in minority opportunities over the past two decades.
NEW YORK - Yankees closer David Robertson is headed to the disabled list because of a strained groin just three appearances into his role as Mariano Rivera's replacement.
NEW YORK - Derek Jeter arrived for his last Yankee Stadium opener fashionably early at 9:35 a.m., attired in a gray suit, white shirt, purple tie and black Prada lace-up shoes.
TORONTO - With an 0-2 start now firmly in the rearview mirror, the New York Yankees are looking forward to heading home for what's likely to be a memorable opener in the Bronx.
HOUSTON - New York Yankees' manager Joe Girardi admitted he didn't know anything about Yangervis Solarte when he was signed to a minor league deal in January.
HOUSTON - Derek Jeter got a pair of cowboy boots with Yankees' pinstripes, a 10 gallon cowboy hat and a set of golf clubs as the Houston Astros paid the first of what is sure to be many tributes to the New York star.
Some relievers thrive when they move into the huge ninth-inning spotlight and some fizzle. And others turn into one-year wonders.
SAN ANTONIO - Iowa State's DeAndre Kane did exactly as his coach had instructed, driving for a layup that gave the Cyclones the lead. North Carolina never got a chance to answer because Roy Williams' players didn't do what he wanted.
SAN ANTONIO - North Carolina had 1.6 seconds to score and avoid another early NCAA tournament exit, but instead spent that precious time trying to call timeout.