- Behind eulogies, US deeply conflicted on Mandela Updated: Dec-11-13 6:48 am
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS era Updated: Dec-08-13 10:09 pm
- Notre Dame, Stanford familiar with each other Updated: Nov-28-13 12:29 pm
- Colorado woman awarded Rhodes scholarship Updated: Nov-24-13 8:43 pm
- Condoleezza Rice to speak at leadership forum Updated: Nov-16-13 9:43 am
- Term limits set for playoff selection committee Updated: Nov-12-13 1:59 pm
- Bayh among new advisers to Middle East think tank Updated: Nov-12-13 8:34 am
WASHINGTON - The Nelson Mandela eulogized to the world by President Barack Obama as "a giant of history" and the "last great liberator of the 20th century" seemed a different person from the one the United States held at arm's length, to put it diplomatically, for much of his life and career.
As college football prepares for the final Bowl Championship Series, featuring a Florida State-Auburn championship game, it's easy to see why the coming four-team playoff won't solve all the postseason problems.
STANFORD, California - Even though his parents and younger sister showed up for Stanford's game at Notre Dame last year, Cardinal cornerback Alex Carter never felt his team had the full support of his family.
DENVER - A Colorado woman who studies Middle Eastern politics is "still in shock" after being named one of the newest Rhodes Scholars.
CHICAGO - Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has been named as the keynote speaker for the Chicago area's 2014 World Leaders Forum.
WASHINGTON - The College Football Playoff selection committee concluded its first meeting by setting staggered term limits for its 13 members.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former U.S. Sen. Evan Bayh is joining a Middle East think tank in Washington.