- 5 England players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 am
- Even before WCup, England geared up for failure Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 am
- Hodgson back in World Cup dugout after 20 years Updated: Apr-09-14 5:24 am
- Rodriguez out for 6 months with ligament tear Updated: Apr-07-14 1:51 pm
- Man City beats Southampton 4-1 in Premier League Updated: Apr-05-14 10:38 am
- Sigurdsson gives Spurs 3-2 win over Southampton Updated: Mar-23-14 3:03 pm
- Rooney double gives Man United 2-0 win at West Ham Updated: Mar-22-14 5:36 pm
LONDON - Going into the 2012 European Championship with England, Roy Hodgson had only a few weeks from being appointed to taking a squad to the tournament.
LONDON - Never before has England traveled to a World Cup better prepared - for the post-tournament inquest.
LONDON - From being jeered out of Liverpool to managing England at the World Cup, Roy Hodgson has enjoyed the most gratifying of career turnarounds.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Southampton forward Jay Rodriguez has been ruled out for up to six months with a ruptured knee ligament, ending his chances of making England's World Cup squad.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City kept the destiny of the Premier League title in its hands by beating Southampton 4-1 on Saturday, with the visitors' defeat further marred by a serious-looking injury to England striker Jay Rodriguez.
LONDON - Gylfi Sigurdsson drove in a stoppage-time goal to complete Tottenham's fight back from two goals down to beat Southampton 3-2 in the Premier League on Sunday and stay in touch with the Champions League places.
LONDON - With David Beckham watching in the stands, Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney replicated one of the retired star's most memorable strikes in a 2-0 victory at West Ham on Saturday.