- Royals exercise options on Escobar, Davis; Gomes declined Updated: Nov-05-15 3:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The World Series champion Kansas City Royals have exercised their $8 million option on All-Star closer Wade Davis and a $5.25 million option on All-Star shortstop Alcides Escobar, while declining a $3 million option on outfielder Jonny Gomes.
- Price, Cueto, Zimmermann, Samardzija top free agent pitchers Updated: Nov-02-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - With the World Series over, baseball quickly turned its attention to the opening of the free-agent market.
- Packed Postseason: Utley, Bautista, Schwarber and Royal way Updated: Nov-02-15 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - Hours after the final out, there was only one job left to do at empty Citi Field.
- Collins' lament: 'I let my heart get in the way of my gut' Updated: Nov-02-15 5:09 am
NEW YORK - Terry Collins knew what he wanted to do. And he didn't do it.
- Royals win World Series, rally late and beat Mets 7-2 in 12 Updated: Nov-02-15 4:39 am
NEW YORK - They worked all season to take one more step in the World Series.