- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:42 am
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:17 am
- Maddon speaks out on elbow injuries Updated: Apr-14-14 3:33 am
- Gordon homers, drives in 4 as Royals beat Rays 7-3 Updated: Apr-09-14 6:16 pm
- Sale shuts down Royals as White Sox win 5-1 Updated: Apr-06-14 6:35 pm
- Kinsler's hit lifts Tigers over Royals 2-1 in 10 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:35 pm
- Shields settles down after rough start in tuneup Updated: Mar-26-14 7:25 pm
- Hernandez helps Mariners beat Royals 9-6 Updated: Mar-26-14 12:59 am
- Tulowitzki, Morales lead Rockies past Royals 8-2 Updated: Mar-24-14 9:33 pm
- Wilson struggles early but Angels beat Royals 7-3 Updated: Mar-21-14 9:11 pm
HOUSTON - Bo Porter knows there will be some growing pains in managing the youngest team in the majors.
HOUSTON - James Shields kept the Houston Astros off-balance all night.
You could piece together a pretty good pitching staff with just the players who have had significant elbow problems this year.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals' Alex Gordon knew he put a good swing on the pitch, and he knew that his high fly ball had a chance to clear the outfield wall the way the wind was gusting out.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chris Sale knew he had to pitch his best Sunday with James Shields starting for the Kansas City Royals.
DETROIT - With the Detroit Tigers in a jam after a close play at first base, Brad Ausmus calmly made his way onto the field.
PEORIA, Arizona - James Shields gave up seven runs in the first inning Wednesday before settling down to throw three scoreless ones in his final start before opening day in the Kansas City Royals' 9-5 loss to the San Diego Padres.
SURPRISE, Arizona - Felix Hernandez pitched five strong innings and rookie outfielder Stefen Romero homered and drove in three runs and the Seattle Mariners beat the Kansas City Royals 9-6 Tuesday night.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Troy Tulowitzki homered, Franklin Morales struck out seven over five innings in a strong audition for a spot in the Colorado rotation, and the Rockies beat the Kansas City Royals 8-2 Monday.