- Straily turns in quality start but Reds lose to Pirates 4-1 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Cincinnati Reds got a quality start, which was a welcome sight for a team with one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball. They still couldn't take advantage of it.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Left In: P Miller plays OF while Pirates beat D-backs in 13 Updated: Apr-24-16 11:06 pm
PHOENIX - Sean Rodriguez lined a double over the head of Arizona left fielder Shelby Miller to drive in the go-ahead run.
- World Series star Michael Morse designated by Pirates Updated: Apr-14-16 11:36 am
PITTSBURGH - Michael Morse was designated for assignment by the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday, less than two years after he drove in the winning run for the San Francisco Giants in Game 7 of the 2014 World Series.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Nicascio helps Pirates beat Cardinals 5-1 for 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-06-16 11:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Juan Nicasio had such an outstanding spring that he found no reason to make any changes in his first regular-season start.
- Former World Series MVP Freese fitting in with Pirates Updated: Apr-04-16 5:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - The fairy tale, the one where David Freese morphed from couch-sleeping role player to World Series MVP for his hometown team, is over.
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.
- Freese gets 1st hit of new MLB season, Tulowitzki has 1st HR Updated: Apr-03-16 7:04 pm
David Freese of the Pirates got the first hit of the new Major League Baseball season and Toronto star Troy Tulowitzki hit the first home run.
- Barnhart, Reds beat Pirates; Pittsburgh opens season Sunday Updated: Apr-02-16 6:49 pm
- Pirates looking for better start in 2016 Updated: Apr-01-16 3:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - The summers have not been the problem for the Pittsburgh Pirates under Clint Hurdle. When the temperature rises, so do the fortunes of his team, which reached the postseason in three consecutive years for only the third time in the franchise's 134-year history.