- Obamas, Bidens to kick off USO comedy show next week Updated: Apr-28-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are joining their wives next week for a USO comedy show in observance of Military Appreciation Month.
- US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad comfortable speaking out Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama wrapped up her speech to dozens of U.S. athletes to mark 100 days before the Rio Games and immediately headed over to a temporary court set up in the middle of Times Square.
- Michelle Obama encourages New York students to reach higher Updated: Apr-26-16 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - High school seniors on their way to college were feted by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama and a host of celebrities on Tuesday as she encouraged them to make the most of their college experiences, get involved in campus life and ask for help when they need it.
- The Latest: Michelle Obama tells grads to register and vote Updated: Apr-23-16 7:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Michelle Obama speaking at commencement at historically black Jackson State University (all times local):
- Michelle Obama urges grads to vote to protect civil rights Updated: Apr-23-16 7:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - First lady Michelle Obama told graduates of a historically black university in Mississippi on Saturday that "the power of voting is real and lasting" and they need to cast ballots to protect civil-rights advances made by previous generations.
- Face time with queen, princes completes Obama's royal visit Updated: Apr-22-16 9:33 pm
LONDON - President Barack Obama plunged into a whirlwind of royal socializing Friday that began over a birthday lunch with Queen Elizabeth II and ended at a dinner hosted by the trio of young royals who represent the future of the British monarchy.
- Michelle Obama to appear on May episode of CBS' 'NCIS' Updated: Apr-22-16 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama is making a cameo appearance in support of military families on an upcoming episode of the CBS hit drama "NCIS."
- Girl who wrote Obama excited over Harriet Tubman on $20 bill Updated: Apr-21-16 7:49 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - In a few years when Sofia gets her first chance to spend a redesigned $20 bill featuring Harriet Tubman, the Massachusetts fifth-grader can take some extra pride in knowing the role she played in getting the first woman portrayed on U.S. paper currency in more than a century.
- Flood of tributes for Queen Elizabeth on her 90th birthday Updated: Apr-21-16 3:07 pm
WINDSOR, England - Fate unexpectedly made her queen. Duty and endurance have made her an institution and an icon.
- Elizabeth Warren, comic book hero? Senator is latest to star Updated: Apr-18-16 1:10 am
BOSTON - Her parents didn't hail from the planet Krypton, and she was never bitten by a radioactive spider, but that hasn't stopped Elizabeth Warren from starring as a comic book hero.
- Obama's income fell to $436,000, lowest of his presidency Updated: Apr-15-16 5:59 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's income fell to just over $436,000 in 2015, the lowest of his presidency, and he and first lady Michelle Obama paid nearly $81,500 in taxes, according to tax returns the White House released on Friday.
- Nigerians march for Chibok girls on kidnapping anniversary Updated: Apr-14-16 10:18 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Angry over lack of progress to resolve one of the highest-profile mass kidnappings in the world, Nigerians marched in their country's major cities on Thursday to demand the safe return of girls who were abducted by Boko Haram extremists two years ago from a school in Chibok.
- World Bank pledges $2.5 billion for teenage girls' education Updated: Apr-13-16 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The World Bank on Wednesday pledged $2.5 billion to educate and empower adolescent girls in low-income countries as a way to improve their well-being and fight poverty.
- Michelle Obama helps students plant garden in east Georgia Updated: Apr-07-16 5:46 pm
WAYNESBORO, Georgia - First lady Michelle Obama joined students Thursday to plant a garden at a middle school in east Georgia.
- Critics aside, Perry reaches new heights with OWN, more hits Updated: Apr-05-16 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - When Tyler Perry began creating shows for the then-struggling OWN Network four years ago, he'd send the scripts he'd written to Oprah Winfrey for approval - and she'd wince.