- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Mandela Updated: Dec-07-13 7:32 pm
- President Obama lights National Christmas Tree Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 pm
- Major events in the life of Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-06-13 3:16 am
- Obama celebrates end of Hanukkah at White House Updated: Dec-05-13 9:42 pm
- Major events in the life of Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 5:26 pm
- Michelle Obama unveils White House Christmas decor Updated: Dec-04-13 5:35 pm
- 5 new things about President Obama Updated: Dec-02-13 12:23 pm
- DePaul handles Oregon State 93-81 Updated: Dec-01-13 7:31 pm
- National Zoo names 100-day-old panda cub Bao Bao Updated: Dec-01-13 3:29 pm
- Sasha could decide Obama's post-White House home Updated: Nov-29-13 10:34 pm
- Obama visits activists fasting for immigration Updated: Nov-29-13 5:53 pm
- Juniper Rose: First lady inspires young writers at White... Updated: Nov-27-13 1:16 pm
- Oregon State rolls over SIU-Edwardsville, 101-81 Updated: Nov-27-13 2:35 am
- Oregon State rolls over SIU-Edwardsville, 101-81 Updated: Nov-27-13 1:44 am
- UIC makes push to host Obama library Updated: Nov-24-13 4:23 pm
- First lady hands out awards to youth arts programs Updated: Nov-22-13 6:12 pm
- Obama pays tribute to John F. Kennedy legacy Updated: Nov-20-13 9:26 pm
- Oxford Dictionaries: 'Selfie' is word of the year Updated: Nov-18-13 7:04 pm
- Obama watches as Oregon State stuns Maryland 90-83 Updated: Nov-17-13 9:33 pm
- Obamas attend Oregon State-Md. basketball game Updated: Nov-17-13 8:34 pm
- White mayor, black wife: NYC shatters an image Updated: Nov-16-13 11:05 am
- Obamas celebrate top aide's birthday by dining out Updated: Nov-15-13 7:35 pm
- First lady: Vets program has hired, trained 380K Updated: Nov-14-13 2:42 pm
- Book looks behind the scenes of 2012 race Updated: Nov-14-13 11:11 am
- McAuliffe elected governor of Va. over Cuccinelli Updated: Nov-06-13 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama threw the switch, bathing the National Christmas Tree in lights and giving an otherwise dreary day in the nation's capital a festive and seasonal spirit. He later singled out Nelson Mandela, the beloved South African anti-apartheid leader who died Thursday, for special gratitude.
July 18, 1918 - Born to Hendry Mphakanyiswa, a Thembu chief, and Nosekeni Qunu in the Umtata district of the Transkei, at a time when virtually all of Africa was under European colonial rule.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama marked the end of Hanukkah with not one, but two receptions at the White House on Thursday.
July 18, 1918 - Born to Hendry Mphakanyiswa, a Thembu chief, and Nosekeni Qunu in the Umtata district of the Transkei, at a time when virtually all of Africa was under European colonial rule
WASHINGTON - The familiar black dog with the white chest and white front paws starred in past Christmases in President Barack Obama's White House, but America's first pooch had to let someone else in the picture this holiday season: his little sister, Sunny.
WASHINGTON - The man who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is more than just another celebrity, or the famous face behind the government's troubled health care website. Here are five new things about President Barack Obama:
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Oliver Purnell didn't think he gave his team the tongue lashing his players said he did but no matter the tone the message was delivered.
WASHINGTON - The most popular giant panda in U.S.-China relations finally was given an identity Sunday as the Smithsonian's National Zoo named its female 100-day-old cub Bao Bao (bow-BOW) after receiving more than 123,000 votes online from the public.
WASHINGTON - Sasha Obama could be the deciding factor in whether her father stays in Washington after he leaves office.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday told activists who are fasting to protest House inaction on immigration legislation that their "commitment to change" ultimately will help pressure lawmakers to act.
The eyes of 16-year-old Jacqueline Uy glistened as First Lady Michelle Obama pulled her into a tight hug and whispered in her ear.
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Five players scored in double figures as Oregon State ran past a road-weary Southern Illinois University Edwardsville 101-81 Tuesday night.
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Five players scored in double figures as Oregon State ran past Southern Illinois University Edwardsville 101-81 Tuesday night.
CHICAGO - The competition to host President Barack Obama's presidential library intensified Sunday as the University of Illinois at Chicago announced its official bid and revealed a team of specialists to boost the school's campaign.
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama praised the power of the arts to help young people pursue their talents as she helped hand out awards to 13 youth arts programs on Friday, including to one based in her Chicago hometown.
WASHINGTON - Honoring the legacy of John F. Kennedy, President Barack Obama laid a wreath at the assassinated president's gravesite as a nation remembers that terrible day in Dallas a half-century ago Friday. Obama also recognized a group of distinguished Americans - including Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey - with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, an award created by Kennedy.
LONDON - Michelle Obama shared one with her "first dog" Bo, Hillary Clinton tweeted one with her daughter Chelsea. Now "selfie" - the smartphone self-portrait - has been declared word of the year for 2013, according to Britain's Oxford University Press.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - President Barack Obama might consider a career in coaching or motivational speaking after he's done with his second term.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - President Barack Obama and the first family checked out an early-season basketball matchup Sunday between Oregon State University and the University of Maryland.
Another milestone is passing in America's racial journey: The next mayor of New York City is a white man with a black wife.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - First lady Michelle Obama said Thursday that companies participating in a program to help veterans find employment have exceeded their initial goal by training or hiring 380,000 veterans and military spouses.
"Double Down: Game Change 2012" (The Penguin Press), by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Terry McAuliffe wrested the governor's office from Republicans on Tuesday, capping an acrimonious campaign that was driven by a crush of negative advertising, non-stop accusations of dodgy dealings and a tea party-backed nominee who tested the limits of swing-voting Virginia.