- 'Shuffle Along' deemed a new musical, must face 'Hamilton' Updated: Apr-29-16 1:19 pm
NEW YORK - The Broadway musical "Shuffle Along" will have to tap-dance against a hip-hop monster for attention at the Tony Awards.
- Descendant: Keeping Hamilton on $10 bill is 'huge win' Updated: Apr-20-16 9:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Alexander Hamilton is staying on the $10 bill, and a descendant of the nation's first Treasury secretary called the government's decision a "huge win" for Hamilton supporters.
- The Latest: Plight of refugees among themes of prize winners Updated: Apr-18-16 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the awarding of the 100th-annual Pulitzer Prizes (all times local):
- Broadway ad agency SpotCo shows how campaigns are born Updated: Apr-14-16 9:56 am
NEW YORK - If you close your eyes and think of a really special Broadway show, there's a good chance an image born at SpotCo will pop up.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda celebrates immigrants in prize speech Updated: Apr-07-16 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - Composer and playwright Lin-Manuel Miranda has accepted one of the largest prizes given for the stage by celebrating immigrants, saying that his creation of the Broadway smash "Hamilton" was sparked by learning about Alexander Hamilton's overseas roots.
- 'Kinky Boots,' 'Hangmen,' 'Gypsy' win at UK's Olivier Awards Updated: Apr-03-16 5:52 pm
LONDON - The high-stepping Broadway hit "Kinky Boots" was named best new musical at London's Olivier theater awards on Sunday, while Martin McDonagh's killer comedy "Hangmen" won the prize for best new play.
- Open casting call for 'Hamilton' causes a little ruckus Updated: Mar-31-16 10:46 am
NEW YORK - The Broadway smash "Hamilton," which has been cheered for reclaiming the nation's founding story by a multicultural cast, has oddly come under fire for specifically seeking "nonwhite men and women" for upcoming roles in future versions.