- Tigers busy, but will they be better? Updated: Dec-05-13 6:27 pm
- Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan Updated: Dec-04-13 6:05 pm
- New Nats RHP Fister heard about trade 'rumors' Updated: Dec-03-13 6:23 pm
- Doug Fister dealt to Nats, Jim Johnson to A's Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- Tigers trade RHP Fister to Nationals for 3 players Updated: Dec-03-13 1:12 am
- Tigers trade Fielder to Rangers for Kinsler Updated: Nov-21-13 1:44 am
- Torre: Action possible against plate collisions Updated: Nov-12-13 8:08 pm
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
DETROIT - Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit - and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
NEW YORK - On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.
DETROIT - Less than two years after boldly signing Prince Fielder to a $214 million contract, the Detroit Tigers traded the slugging first baseman to Texas in another blockbuster move.
ORLANDO, Florida - Lou Brock's shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Rose's bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.