- Manufacturer asks Oklahoma to return any execution drugs Updated: Apr-30-15 10:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Illinois-based manufacturer of a drug used in Oklahoma's lethal injection process is asking the state to return any supplies it may have obtained and not to use its products to execute prisoners.
- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- What they said: Supreme Court quotes on gay marriage Updated: Apr-28-15 3:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Excerpts from arguments before the Supreme Court on Tuesday about whether states must allow same-sex couples to marry and whether states must recognize gay marriages performed in other states:
- High court makes it easier to sue government for negligence Updated: Apr-22-15 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday made it easier for people to sue the federal government for negligence, in a decision that could affect military veterans with claims of medical malpractice.
- Justices: Police can't extend traffic stop awaiting drug dog Updated: Apr-21-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Tuesday that police may not extend an ordinary traffic stop to seek evidence of crimes unrelated to the offense that prompted officers to pull a vehicle over.