- GOP likely to feel the heat if court decision guts Obamacare Updated: May-26-15 3:16 am
WASHINGTON - A Supreme Court ruling due in a few weeks could wipe out health insurance for millions of people covered by President Barack Obama's health care law. But it's Republicans - not White House officials - who have been talking about damage control.
- Brunt of Supreme Court tax ruling to fall on Maryland county Updated: May-19-15 5:55 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The brunt of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down a Maryland tax will fall on one county.
- Supreme Court strikes down Maryland tax law Updated: May-18-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday struck down as unconstitutional a Maryland tax that has the effect of double-taxing income residents earn in other states.
- High court: Police immune over arrest of mentally ill woman Updated: May-18-15 1:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that police are immune from a lawsuit arising from the arrest and shooting of a mentally ill woman in San Francisco.
- Manufacturer asks Oklahoma to return any execution drugs Updated: Apr-30-15 10:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Illinois-based manufacturer of a drug used in Oklahoma's lethal injection process is asking the state to return any supplies it may have obtained and not to use its products to execute prisoners.
- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- What they said: Supreme Court quotes on gay marriage Updated: Apr-28-15 3:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Excerpts from arguments before the Supreme Court on Tuesday about whether states must allow same-sex couples to marry and whether states must recognize gay marriages performed in other states: