- '300' sequel faces tough sell with missing lead Updated: Mar-06-14 12:14 pm
- Jared Leto in generous mood after acting Oscar win Updated: Mar-02-14 10:05 pm
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- Amateur Minnesota Somali actor up for Oscar Updated: Mar-01-14 5:05 am
- Oscar predictions: What will win and should win Updated: Feb-26-14 1:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Selling "300: Rise of an Empire" was already going to be difficult even before its leading man went missing from promotional duties. Nearly all the main characters died in the original "300," and it's been seven long years since the heavily stylized and bloody Greeks-versus-Persians action film became a worldwide blockbuster.
LOS ANGELES - Jared Leto wasn't just thinking about himself after winning the best supporting actor Academy Award on Sunday night - his thoughts veered from his mother, the populations of Ukraine and Venezuela and even the reporters who were covering his Oscar glory.
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
MINNEAPOLIS - A Somali actor from Minnesota is up for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar Sunday night for his screen debut in "Captain Philips."
A seemingly endless movie awards season finally concludes Sunday with the Academy Awards. By now, many of the front-runners have established themselves, but the night's big honor - best picture - remains a dramatic question mark.