- Capitals start fast and beat Predators 5-2 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:38 am
- Skinner leads Hurricanes over Capitals 4-1 Updated: Dec-03-13 11:03 pm
- Capitals sink Islanders 3-2 in OT Updated: Nov-30-13 11:35 pm
- Grabovski helps Capitals beat Canadiens 3-2 in SO Updated: Nov-29-13 10:36 pm
- Senators defeat Capitals 6-4 Updated: Nov-28-13 12:03 am
- Caps' Grabovski returns after face is cut by skate Updated: Nov-24-13 12:29 am
- Maple Leafs hold on to beat Capitals 2-1 in SO Updated: Nov-24-13 12:17 am
- Crosby's goal, assist lead Penguins past Caps 4-0 Updated: Nov-20-13 11:45 pm
- Ovechkin gets 2 to tie Steen; Caps top Blues 4-1 Updated: Nov-17-13 10:05 pm
- Backstrom's SO goal give Caps win over Red Wings Updated: Nov-15-13 11:50 pm
- Leonsis: team leaders need to stop hazing Updated: Nov-13-13 9:38 am
- Ovechkin socres in OT, Caps top Blue Jackets 4-3 Updated: Nov-12-13 9:53 pm
- GMs discuss fighting, hybrid icing, playoff format Updated: Nov-12-13 9:32 pm
- Bettman takes a shot at NHL fighting debate Updated: Nov-11-13 4:32 pm
- Varlamov leads Avs to 4-1 win over Capitals Updated: Nov-10-13 11:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Ovechkin's goal was no surprise. But when defensemen Nate Schmidt and Karl Alzner scored, it was an unexpected bonus for Washington.
UNIONDALE, New York - The New York Islanders were close to ending their five-game losing streak.
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby did not expect to play Friday against the streaking Montreal Canadiens. But when scheduled starter Michal Neuvirth was injured in warmups, Holtby was not only the next man up, he was the only man up.
WASHINGTON - The Washington Capitals found a way to tie a back-and-forth game with 3:27 left against Ottawa on Wednesday night.
TORONTO - When Mikhail Grabovski jumped to his feet quickly and skated off after lingering on the ice following an injury, boos rained down from the Air Canada Centre crowd.
TORONTO - James Reimer just kept focusing on the next shot - even after he gave up the tying goal late in the third period.
WASHINGTON - Even Sidney Crosby acknowledged his goal - and the lickety-split series of passes that led up to it - was "fun" and "one of the nicer ones."
WASHINGTON - Ovechkin once. Ovechkin twice. Steen not at all.
DETROIT - The Washington Capitals are the latest team to take advantage of the Detroit Red Wings' generosity at home.
WASHINGTON - Maybe it wasn't technically hazing, but the Washington Wizards took locker room behavior to a low when Gilbert Arenas brought in guns to escalate a spat with a younger teammate.
TORONTO - NHL general managers showed there is interest in extending the extra period to cut down on the number of shootouts by possibly changing the structure of overtime in regular-season games.
DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche are off to a soaring start, even if they pretend they're nothing more than an average team.