- Death toll in Washington mudslide rises to 37 Updated: Apr-15-14 3:43 pm
- Flags to fly at half-staff for mudslide victims Updated: Apr-14-14 7:50 pm
- Inslee seeks farm disaster aid for mudslide Updated: Apr-11-14 12:20 pm
- Unclear Washington landslide lawsuits could win Updated: Apr-05-14 12:17 pm
- Disaster declared in Washington for deadly slide Updated: Apr-02-14 10:05 pm
- Receding floodwaters at mudslide help with search Updated: Apr-01-14 9:57 pm
- Washington state proposes nuke cleanup deadlines Updated: Mar-31-14 6:34 pm
- Inslee asks for federal disaster declaration Updated: Mar-31-14 5:19 pm
- How Washington mudslide victims are getting help Updated: Mar-26-14 8:58 am
- Obama sends prayers to Washington amid mudslide Updated: Mar-25-14 11:19 am
EVERETT, Washington - One more victim was recovered from the mudslide that hit the town of Oso, raising the death toll to 37, the Snohomish County medical examiner's office said Tuesday. The person's name has not been released.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Flags outside of the Washington state Capitol will be lowered in memory of the victims of the Oso mudslide.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee has asked the federal government to declare Snohomish County as a farm disaster area so farmers and ranchers affected by the deadly Oso mudslide could seek financial and other help.
SEATTLE - The warnings could hardly have been clearer. One technical report told of the "potential for a large catastrophic failure" of the 600-foot hillside above a rural neighborhood near Oso, on the Stillaguamish River. Another noted plainly that it "poses a significant risk to human lives and private property."
OLYMPIA, Washington - President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster for damage caused by a deadly landslide in Washington state and officials say those affected should begin registering with the Federal Emergency Management Agency immediately.
SEATTLE - Receding floodwaters at the site of the deadly mudslide at Oso were helping in the search for human remains by exposing more sites that can be examined, officials said Tuesday.
SPOKANE, Washington - Frustrated by federal government delays, the state of Washington on Monday issued its own plan for cleaning up the nation's most contaminated nuclear weapons site.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is asking President Barack Obama for a major disaster declaration in Snohomish County to make programs available to help individuals, households and businesses impacted by the massive Oso landslide on March 22.
OLYMPIA, Washington - As the search continues for survivors of a deadly mudslide in Washington state, the first steps in helping those affected have already begun.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - President Barack Obama is asking Americans to send their thoughts and prayers to Washington state as search operations continue following a devastating mudslide.