- Oregon says Columbia River bridge project is dead Updated: Mar-07-14 10:31 pm
- Inslee to keep pushing teacher-evaluation bill Updated: Mar-06-14 8:28 pm
- Senate OKs fish wars bill, heads to governor Updated: Mar-05-14 8:38 pm
- Washington State Archives running out of room Updated: Mar-02-14 4:26 pm
- Inslee: meeting with US education chief productive Updated: Feb-23-14 6:17 pm
- Firms eye Lower Columbia for 2 methanol plants Updated: Feb-23-14 3:44 pm
- Governors: Legalized pot buzz just smoke Updated: Feb-22-14 6:04 pm
- Obama pitches minimum wage hike with Dem governors Updated: Feb-21-14 6:08 pm
- 1 bill heads to governor at session midpoint Updated: Feb-19-14 3:42 pm
- Veteran Republican US Rep. Doc Hastings to retire Updated: Feb-13-14 6:55 pm
- Senate leaders update transportation proposal Updated: Feb-13-14 5:54 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation announced Friday that it's shutting down planning for the Columbia River Crossing project after the state Legislature declined to approve funding to build a new Interstate 5 and light-rail bridge into Washington.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee said Thursday he hopes lawmakers can come to an agreement on the state's teacher-evaluation system before the Legislature adjourns next week.
OLYMPIA, Washington - American Indian tribal members arrested while exercising their treaty fishing rights before 1975 would get the chance to clear their criminal records under a bill headed to Gov. Jay Inslee's desk.
OLYMPIA, Washington - In a few days, the bill signed by Gov. Jay Inslee enabling undocumented students to receive state financial aid will be delivered to the Washington State Archives for safekeeping.
SEATTLE - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says he had a productive meeting with U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan on Sunday to discuss options to preserve the state's waiver from provisions of the federal No Child Left Behind law.
LONGVIEW, Washington - Low natural gas prices are causing a boom in methanol manufacturing nationwide, and the Lower Columbia region should be quick to seize on the skilled jobs and tax revenue that the clean industry will bring.
WASHINGTON - All the buzz at the National Governors Association meeting over legalizing pot, some say, is just smoke.
WASHINGTON - As President Barack Obama pushes for a minimum wage increase, the real action is in the states.
OLYMPIA, Washington - With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
SEATTLE - Veteran Republican U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings, who represented central Washington for two decades and was a key voice in public lands and energy policy, announced Thursday he'll retire at the end of the year.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Senate majority leaders on Thursday unveiled an updated $12.3 billion transportation revenue package that includes an 11 1/2-cent gas tax increase, but they acknowledged that they don't yet have enough votes within their caucus to move forward this session unless a series of reform bills are passed first.