- The Latest on Springfield: GOP fires back at Democrats Updated: Aug-20-15 8:33 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Democrats gather for their annual Democratic County Chairman's Association brunch and Democrat Day festivities at the Illinois State Fair:
- Democrats pledge to stand united in face of Rauner 'attacks' Updated: Aug-20-15 5:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Democrats, set back on their heels by an "epic struggle" with first-year Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner, pledged Thursday to stand shoulder-to-shoulder in opposition while a potentially bruising primary for a U.S. Senate race took shape.
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Cullerton: Senate will consider override vetoes this week Updated: Aug-18-15 1:10 pm
CHICAGO - Senate President John Cullerton says his chamber will consider overriding some of Gov. Bruce Rauner's vetoes this week, including one blocking public-employee strikes and management lockouts.
- Excerpts from editorials by Illinois newspapers Updated: Aug-04-15 11:47 am
August 3, 2015