- Illinois' GOP governor moves to avoid government shutdown Updated: Jun-29-15 7:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' Republican governor and the state's largest employee union moved Monday to avoid a partial government shutdown, with the union saying members will continue to show up for work even if the state begins operating without a budget and the governor pledging to do what he can to ensure they don't miss a paycheck.
- Democrats blast Illinois Gov. Rauner's budget vetoes Updated: Jun-25-15 4:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Democrats are criticizing Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's move to veto budget legislation.
- Rauner calls budget veto road to 'fiscal sanity' Updated: Jun-25-15 3:51 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner says he's vetoed budget bills lawmakers sent him in order to start the road back to "fiscal sanity."
- Gov. Rauner moves to keep schools open during budget clash Updated: Jun-24-15 6:28 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner signed legislation Wednesday to increase state funding for education, ensuring schools remain open even if a dispute between the Republican governor and the Democrat-controlled Legislature leads to a partial government shutdown.
- Amtrak unsure whether Gov. Rauner will cut state funding Updated: Jun-17-15 9:40 pm
- Rauner criticizes Democratic lawmakers' loyalties to Chicago Updated: Jun-15-15 3:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has latched onto the longtime rivalry between Chicago and the rest of the state as he tries to negotiate with Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan and Senate President John Cullerton, both from Chicago, in the Illinois Legislature over the budget.
- Q&A: Rauner begins anti-Democrat blitz as standoff persists Updated: Jun-01-15 6:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The state Capitol was quiet Monday, after the departure of lawmakers locked in a budget stalemate with Gov. Bruce Rauner. But the silence belied a cacophony of political ads the rookie administration is about to unleash on powerful legislative Democrats calling them an elite "political class" unwilling to help the middle class.
- Illinois House, Senate to return for session in June Updated: May-31-15 4:48 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Leaders of the Illinois General Assembly say lawmakers will be in "continuous session" throughout the summer.
- Senate Republican leader blames Democrats for impasse Updated: May-31-15 3:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' Senate Republican leader says the Democrats who control the Legislature are engaging in "noise and distraction" and walking away from ongoing budget negotiations.
- Cullerton blasts Gov. Rauner for impending negative ad blitz Updated: May-31-15 2:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Democratic Senate President John Cullerton is criticizing Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner for an impending ad campaign that will blast Democrats. And he says he fears GOP legislators may be "lured away" from compromise by Rauner's campaign cash.