- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 4:49 pm
- Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments Updated: Apr-11-14 3:05 pm
- Illinois GOP seeks to close appointment loophole Updated: Apr-03-14 3:15 pm
- Governor's tactic delays Senate cabinet approval Updated: Apr-01-14 11:41 am
- Cullerton: Income tax assures 'fiscal stability' Updated: Mar-26-14 1:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Voters in Illinois will be asked whether to amend the state constitution in at least two different ways.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Senate Republicans crying foul after Gov. Pat Quinn used a rare procedural maneuver to try to aid the confirmation of two appointees announced several efforts Thursday to close what they described as a constitutional loophole.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn used a procedural move sidestepping a deadline to have two cabinet members reappointments approved by the state Senate.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate president agrees with Gov. Pat Quinn on extending what was supposed to be a temporary income tax increase.