- Governor calls special session on rainy-day fund Updated: Apr-16-14 6:45 pm
- California officials nab 11 in drug ring bust Updated: Apr-14-14 8:49 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- California Senate erases websites of 3 lawmakers Updated: Apr-07-14 8:14 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- 47 new officers start on the beat in Bay Area city Updated: Apr-05-14 3:29 pm
- California Senate suspends 3 Democratic lawmakers Updated: Mar-28-14 9:19 pm
- Governor urges 3 state senators to resign Updated: Mar-28-14 8:07 pm
- Storm keeps governor, AG from deputy's funeral Updated: Mar-26-14 5:30 pm
- Donnelly raises $182,000 but has little remaining Updated: Mar-25-14 5:23 pm
- Q&A: Arnold Schwarzenegger praises Jerry Brown Updated: Mar-25-14 1:03 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Saying the state's budget surplus should be used to pay down debt, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday called a special session of the Legislature to make changes to a rainy-day fund measure on the November ballot.
FRESNO, California - Authorities said Monday they have dismantled a drug trafficking organization that sent narcotics smuggled from Mexico to communities across the United States.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate has erased the names and online archives of three suspended lawmakers entangled in criminal cases.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
OAKLAND, California - Nearly four dozen new police officers will soon start walking their beats on the Oakland streets, as the California city's embattled department welcomes its largest-ever class of recruits to graduate from its police academy.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate voted Friday to suspend three lawmakers caught up in separate criminal cases after the latest one to be hauled into court refused to step down, the most serious house-cleaning action the chamber has taken in more than a century.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is calling on three Democratic state lawmakers involved in separate criminal proceedings to resign from office, saying it is the best way to "restore public confidence."
SACRAMENTO, California - Poor weather prevented Gov. Jerry Brown and Attorney General Kamala Harris from attending the funeral of a Mendocino County sheriff's deputy.
SACRAMENTO, California - State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly's gubernatorial campaign spent money at nearly twice the rate it raised it during the first three months of the year, ending with less than $11,000 cash on hand in mid-March, according to financial reports he filed with the state.
LOS ANGELES - Arnold Schwarzenegger may be back to gunning down bad guys in action movies, but he's playing nice when it comes to politics.