- Governor vetoes bill limiting surplus military equipment Updated: Oct-07-15 8:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest on legislation acted upon by California Gov. Jerry Brown (all times local):
- California wants renewable energy for half its power by 2030 Updated: Oct-07-15 8:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Gov. Jerry Brown dramatically increased California's climate-change goals on Wednesday, committing the state to use renewable energy for half its electricity and make existing buildings twice as energy-efficient in just 15 years.
- California governor signs law targeting gender wage gap Updated: Oct-06-15 8:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Female workers in California will get new tools to challenge gender-based wage gaps under legislation signed into law Tuesday that supporters say offers the strongest equal-pay protection in the nation.
- Right-to-die backers say California helps fight elsewhere Updated: Oct-06-15 7:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - It will soon be legal for the terminally ill to end their own lives in the nation's most populous state, and right-to-die advocates expect other states to follow California's example.
- US, Chinese governors to meet in Seattle Updated: Sep-18-15 3:34 pm
SEATTLE - Five governors from U.S. states will meet with Chinese counterparts Tuesday to discuss clean technology and economic development as part of Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to Seattle.
- Democratic California governor confronts political setbacks Updated: Sep-12-15 1:32 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California Gov. Jerry Brown has grown accustomed to reveling in political victories since his return to the state capital in 2011, his national luster restored by shoring up the state's finances and the spotlight on his agenda to cut carbon emissions.
- The Latest on Legislature: Lawmakers reject doctor billing Updated: Sep-12-15 4:03 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest developments in the California Legislature, which is considering hundreds of bills ahead of a Friday deadline for passage (all times local):
- California lawmakers want special session to tackle drought Updated: Sep-11-15 9:40 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A bipartisan group of 47 state Assembly members delivered a letter to Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday asking him to declare a special session to tackle problems related to California's ongoing drought.
- NBC's Chuck Todd settling in after year at 'Meet the Press' Updated: Sep-11-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - One of the ironies in this season of Trump is that the man who publicly mocked "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd for low ratings was responsible for Todd's best ratings ever on the show.
- Transit, health funding among California's unfinished work Updated: Sep-11-15 1:17 am
SACRAMENTO, California - While California state lawmakers announced last-minute deals on medical marijuana regulation and a scaled-back climate change proposal, they were likely to adjourn this year's legislative session Friday without completing major initiatives on transportation and health care financing.
- California Democrats drop oil mandate in climate proposal Updated: Sep-10-15 3:06 am
SACRAMENTO, California - California will continue to lead the fight in curbing greenhouse gas emissions for the sake of future generations, Gov. Jerry Brown and legislative Democrats said as they scaled back an ambitious climate change proposal amid opposition from oil interests.