- China tells others don't 'stir up trouble' in S. China Sea Updated: Nov-22-15 5:40 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - China on Sunday told other countries not to "deliberately stir up trouble" in the disputed South China Sea, while insisting it has no intention of militarizing the strategically vital area even though it has increased construction activities there.
- China pledges $14.5 million for search of MH370 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:31 am
BEIJING - Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged an additional $14.5 million to fund the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that disappeared more than a year ago with 239 people aboard.
- Japan, SKorea agree to work to resolve WWII sex slave issue Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The leaders of South Korea and Japan resumed formal talks Monday after a 3½-year freeze and agreed to try to resolve the decades-old issue of Korean women forced into Japanese military-run brothels during World War II.
- French president heading to China to promote climate talks Updated: Nov-01-15 1:17 pm
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande hopes to use a state visit to China to boost difficult climate negotiations, a month before a U.N. conference in Paris aimed at slowing global warming.
- Germany in talks with China on bringing pandas to Berlin Updated: Oct-29-15 10:38 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany has opened talks with China aimed at bringing two giant pandas to Berlin's zoo.
- China buys Airbus jets worth $17B during Merkel visit Updated: Oct-29-15 4:44 am
BEIJING - China has committed to buying 130 Airbus jets worth $17 billion during a visit by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- China, Germany appeal for political solution in Syria Updated: Oct-29-15 4:37 am
BEIJING - German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang appealed Thursday for a political solution to Syria's civil war as diplomats prepared to meet in Vienna for new peace efforts.