- GOP-dominated Ohio county attracts key Democrats for dinner Updated: May-25-15 1:59 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Democratic U.S senator and two candidates trying to join him in Washington will venture into a Republican-dominated county for a party fundraiser.
- Federal bill would name VA center for fallen Ohio soldier Updated: May-16-15 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - Legislation to honor an Ohio solider who died in the Vietnam War by naming a Veterans Affairs clinic for him has been introduced in Congress.
- Wyden zips among issues, colleagues, re-election bid Updated: May-15-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - Running flat out for a new term at home and tiptoeing through tough issues in the Capitol, Ron Wyden brags that he's "different, like Oregon."
- Warren has irked Obama before, but trade deepens their rift Updated: May-14-15 6:50 pm
WASHINGTON - When President Barack Obama huffed that Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts senator and established liberal star, was a "politician like everybody else" he revealed a rift that predates the current hostilities between the two Democrats over trade.
- In US Senate bid, Democrat Sittenfeld says new voice needed Updated: May-14-15 2:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Cincinnati councilman running for U.S. Senate said Thursday that Democrats need a choice in the 2016 election and he intends to remain in the race.
- Portman faces balancing act on trade as he seeks re-election Updated: May-02-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio is maneuvering with care as he runs for re-election in a swing state while cautiously supporting a free-trade deal that even some fellow Republicans fear could lead to job losses back home.
- Fee proposed on rail cars that haul oil, other flammables Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. senators from six states on Thursday proposed that the government charge companies a special fee to ship oil, ethanol and other flammable liquids in older railroad tank cars that have been involved in fiery explosions.