- 3 ex-guards indicted in inmate death at Massachusetts prison Updated: Apr-30-15 9:11 pm
BOSTON - Three former prison guards were indicted Thursday on involuntary manslaughter and civil rights charges in connection with the restraint death of a mentally ill inmate in 2009.
- Baker halts expansion of Boston convention center Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker has halted a $1 billion expansion of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
- Clarification: New England Energy story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story April 23 about energy policy, The Associated Press reported that five of New England's six governors said they would work across the region while each state pursues individual projects. The story should have made clear that the statement was agreed to by all six leaders, including New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, who did not attend the gathering in Hartford.
- Embattled state transportation board members agree to resign Updated: Apr-21-15 4:22 pm
BOSTON - The chairman and members of the board of directors of the Massachusetts transportation department agreed to step down at the request of Republican Gov. Charlie Baker, administration officials said Tuesday.
- In 1st 100 days, Baker weathers record snow, budget deficit Updated: Apr-16-15 10:03 am
BOSTON - The state's new governor, Charlie Baker, glanced out the window of a briefing room at the bare ground outside and remarked that while he had plenty of other fiscal problems to deal with, at least he was "not that worried about the snow and ice budget."
- Former Massachusetts governor joins Mitt Romney's old firm Updated: Apr-13-15 10:28 pm
BOSTON - Deval Patrick has a new job.