- Mass., Conn. students perform well on global test Updated: Dec-03-13 4:13 pm
- Republican announces run for Mass. lt. governor Updated: Dec-03-13 12:31 pm
- Democrat Kayyem outlines criminal justice platform Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- Mass. gov. sues to block Martha's Vineyard casino Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 pm
- Giant menorah to be lit at Mass. Statehouse Updated: Nov-30-13 5:20 pm
- UMass to open satellite center in Springfield Updated: Nov-26-13 1:34 pm
- Biz group may be open to Mass. minimum wage hike Updated: Nov-25-13 5:01 pm
- Anniversary of JFK death brings sadness, solemnity Updated: Nov-22-13 9:01 pm
- In Boston, somber observances for JFK anniversary Updated: Nov-22-13 1:03 pm
- JFK 50th: Nation pauses to remember lost president Updated: Nov-22-13 12:44 pm
- Solemn events to mark JFK's assassination Updated: Nov-21-13 2:01 pm
- Group: Mass. not sharing gun check info with feds Updated: Nov-20-13 3:38 am
- Mass. governor meets with Boston's mayor-elect Updated: Nov-18-13 4:07 pm
- Website asks people to share stories of JFK legacy Updated: Nov-18-13 6:19 am
- Gov. Patrick to meet with Boston Mayor-elect Walsh Updated: Nov-16-13 1:25 pm
- Md. Gov. O'Malley to headline NH Democratic dinner Updated: Nov-16-13 9:49 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Massachusetts students scored among the top performing education systems worldwide in reading, math and science, while students in Connecticut also had top scores in reading and science and around average results in math, officials said Tuesday.
BOSTON - Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker is teaming up with former state representative Karyn Polito to form a Republican ticket for the state's top office in next year's election.
BOSTON - Juliette Kayyem, a Democratic candidate for governor, unveiled a plan Monday she said will help overhaul the state's criminal justice system with a focus on rehabilitation and curbing waste.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick has filed a lawsuit aimed at blocking the Martha's Vineyard-based Aquinnah Wampanoag tribe from opening a small casino on the island.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick and other top state politicians are joining members of the state's Jewish community to light an 18-foot menorah in the Statehouse to mark Hanukkah.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The University of Massachusetts plans to establish a permanent presence in Springfield by opening the school's first satellite center in the state's third-largest city next fall.
BOSTON - Business leaders appear open to supporting a modest hike in the state's $8 per hour minimum wage, but only if coupled with business-friendly reforms in the unemployment insurance system.
DALLAS - It was the same time, 12:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 22. It was the same place, downtown Dallas.
BOSTON - Many in Boston took time Friday to remember John F. Kennedy, whose legacy looms large in the city.
DALLAS - Fifty years after John F. Kennedy fell victim to an assassin's bullet while visiting Texas with his wife, people at home and abroad paused Friday to remember the 35th president of the United States. Collected here are memories of the slain president, details from the day of his death and live updates from the memorial service at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
DALLAS - Loose gatherings of the curious and conspiracy-minded at Dallas' Dealey Plaza have marked past anniversaries of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, featuring everything from makeshift memorials to marching drummers to discussions about who else might have been in on the killing.
BOSTON - An advocacy group that targets illegal guns is faulting Massachusetts for failing to share mental health records on dangerous individuals with a federal database.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick and Mayor-elect Martin Walsh met on Monday for the first time since Walsh's victory in the Nov. 5 election and promised to continue a strong partnership between the Statehouse and City Hall.
BOSTON - There's no shortage of places for people to share memories of where they were 50 years ago when they found out John F. Kennedy had been assassinated. But a website debuting Monday aims to take the focus from past to future by asking people of all ages - even those who weren't alive when Kennedy died - to share their thoughts about how he has inspired them.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is set to host Boston Mayor-elect Martin Walsh for a meeting at his Beacon Hill office as the state legislator continues with his transition to the chief executive officer of New England's largest city.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley will headline the New Hampshire Democratic Party's annual Jefferson-Jackson Dinner.