- Chinese leader calls for innovation as economic growth slows Updated: May-28-15 5:50 am
BEIJING - Rapturous crowds. Beaming workers. Pep talks for the troops.
- US, Chinese authors protest major book fair, censorship Updated: May-27-15 11:58 pm
NEW YORK - Chinese and American authors gathered Wednesday to protest a major U.S. book fair's focus on China that they say ignores the country's glaring problems of censorship and intimidation.
- Maoist rebels in central India kill 1 villager, release 250 Updated: May-10-15 6:34 am
PATNA, India - Maoist rebels killed one villager and released around 250 others they had held for a day to stop the construction of a bridge in central India, police said Sunday.
- Met show uses film, fashion to explore East-West interplay Updated: May-04-15 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - Hollywood has long been fascinated with China. But that doesn't mean it has always represented it fully or accurately - far from it.
- In China, Taiwan party leader calls for more global access Updated: May-04-15 1:40 pm
BEIJING - The head of Taiwan's ruling Nationalist Party called for more chances for the island to participate in international organizations after a meeting Monday with Chinese President Xi Jinping, whose government views the territory as a renegade province.