- Qatar says Taliban, Afghan officials to hold 2 days of talks Updated: May-02-15 1:28 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Afghan and Taliban officials will hold two days of "reconciliation" talks in Qatar, the Gulf nation's state news agency reported Saturday, although both sides sought to downplay expectations from the meeting.
- Afghan deportees from Iran return to a home they barely know Updated: Apr-22-15 2:17 am
ISLAM QALA, Afghanistan - Tajigul Haidary had overstayed her residents' visa in Iran and was expecting just a hefty fine when she went to renew it, she said. Instead, she was arrested as an illegal immigrant, imprisoned, held in a transit center with hundreds of other Afghans and, early this week, deported at a dusty border point back to Afghanistan.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Apr-18-15 6:03 pm
Islamic State group blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35, a potential major escalation
- Afghan parliament approves 16 more Cabinet nominees Updated: Apr-18-15 9:17 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's parliament has approved 16 Cabinet nominees after months of delays.
- AP Interview: Afghan warlord warns of Islamic State rise Updated: Apr-14-15 10:44 am
HERAT, Afghanistan - Afghanistan could face a war with the Islamic State group if the government does not resolve internal differences and improve the security situation, one of the country's most powerful warlords warned in an interview with The Associated Press.