- Suarez invokes comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Dec-05-13 8:29 am
- Iniesta, Xavi to miss Barca's Copa del Rey opener Updated: Dec-05-13 7:53 am
- Barcelona loses again without Messi, 1-0 at Bilbao Updated: Dec-01-13 6:12 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- 5 things to know about Group H of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 8:23 am
- Barcelona's Adriano injured, to miss Ajax match Updated: Nov-24-13 7:29 am
- Barcelona's injuries mount with Dani Alves out Updated: Nov-21-13 6:14 am
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- FIFA extends voting deadline for Ball d'Or Updated: Nov-20-13 6:53 am
- Messi's injury problems may be his own fault Updated: Nov-18-13 9:26 am
- Doping team visits Bayern as FIFA tests top stars Updated: Nov-14-13 7:39 am
- Juventus, Real Madrid tied as top team in AP poll Updated: Nov-12-13 12:16 pm
- Messi set to miss rest of 2013 to another injury Updated: Nov-11-13 4:24 pm
- Messi out 6 to 8 weeks with another leg injury Updated: Nov-11-13 2:21 pm
- 5 thoughts from Champions League games Updated: Nov-06-13 6:48 pm
- Messi scores 2 goals as Barcelona beat Milan 3-1 Updated: Nov-06-13 6:22 pm
By mixing jaw-dropping goals with a growing list of brushes with controversy, Luis Suarez divides opinion like perhaps no other player in world football.
BARCELONA, Spain - Midfielders Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez have added their names to Barcelona's list of key injured players, ruling them out of Friday's Copa del Rey opener at third-tier Cartagena.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona lost its second straight game without injured star Lionel Messi when Athletic Bilbao handed the defending Spanish league champions a 1-0 loss Sunday at San Mames.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
MADRID - Barcelona is through, and Ajax needs a win in Group H of the Champions League.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's already injury-hit squad has received another blow with full back Adriano ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League game at Ajax.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's injury worries mounted Thursday as the Spanish leader said right back Dani Alves will be sidelined for seven to 10 days.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
ZURICH - Cristiano Ronaldo is now the favorite to win the Ballon d'Or following changes made Wednesday to the voting process.
MADRID - Lionel Messi seems to keep getting injured these days, and he could be the one to blame for his own troubles.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA is creating blood and urine profiles of the world's top players with unannounced visits by an anti-doping team to clubs like Champions League winner Bayern Munich, ensuring the stars are under scrutiny ahead of next year's World Cup.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play football again until 2014.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play soccer again until 2014.
In the fourth round of matches in the Champions League group stage, title holder Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona became the first teams to qualify for the knockout phase. Here are 5 thoughts to chew on from this week's matches:
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi ended one of his leanest scoring runs in years with a two-goal performance on Wednesday that guided Barcelona to a 3-1 victory over AC Milan and into the knockout stage of the Champions League.