- Milan, Ajax battle it out for spot in next round Updated: Dec-10-13 7:14 am
- Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery up for Ballon d'Or Updated: Dec-09-13 8:54 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- Suarez invokes comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Dec-05-13 1:14 pm
- Iniesta, Xavi to miss Barca's Copa del Rey opener Updated: Dec-05-13 7:53 am
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- Barcelona's Adriano injured, to miss Ajax match Updated: Nov-24-13 7:29 am
- Barcelona's injuries mount with Dani Alves out Updated: Nov-21-13 6:14 am
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- FIFA extends voting deadline for Ball d'Or Updated: Nov-20-13 6:53 am
- Messi's injury problems may be his own fault Updated: Nov-18-13 9:26 am
- Doping team visits Bayern as FIFA tests top stars Updated: Nov-14-13 7:39 am
- Messi set to miss rest of 2013 to another injury Updated: Nov-11-13 4:24 pm
- Messi out 6 to 8 weeks with another leg injury Updated: Nov-11-13 2:21 pm
MILAN - AC Milan and Ajax will play for a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery are in the running for the Ballon d'Or.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
By mixing jaw-dropping goals with a growing list of brushes with controversy, Luis Suarez divides opinion like perhaps no other player in world football.
BARCELONA, Spain - Midfielders Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez have added their names to Barcelona's list of key injured players, ruling them out of Friday's Copa del Rey opener at third-tier Cartagena.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's already injury-hit squad has received another blow with full back Adriano ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League game at Ajax.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's injury worries mounted Thursday as the Spanish leader said right back Dani Alves will be sidelined for seven to 10 days.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
ZURICH - Cristiano Ronaldo is now the favorite to win the Ballon d'Or following changes made Wednesday to the voting process.
MADRID - Lionel Messi seems to keep getting injured these days, and he could be the one to blame for his own troubles.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA is creating blood and urine profiles of the world's top players with unannounced visits by an anti-doping team to clubs like Champions League winner Bayern Munich, ensuring the stars are under scrutiny ahead of next year's World Cup.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play football again until 2014.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play soccer again until 2014.