- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions Updated: Jul-25-15 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Five days before he was to start college, Fred Maahs' world turned upside down. Off the Delaware coast in 1980, on the last day of summer vacation, the 18-year-old took a dive from his family's boat into an unseen sandbar barely a foot below the surface, sustaining injuries that paralyzed him from the chest down.
- Conservative David Keene joins Eisenhower Memorial effort Updated: Jul-24-15 4:19 am
WASHINGTON - A conservative commentator and political adviser is joining the effort to build a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower in Washington.
- Tom Brokaw joins effort to build Eisenhower Memorial in DC Updated: Jul-22-15 5:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Tom Brokaw is joining the effort to build a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower in Washington.
- Obama marks 25th anniversary of federal disability act Updated: Jul-20-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Monday celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which he said has ushered in a "bright new era of equality, freedom and independence" for millions of Americans.
- Piano-playing senator's latest tune: New education policy Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
WASHINGTON - How does a musician-senator fill the time during yet another partisan Senate stalemate?