- Albuquerque police monitor provides update on reform Updated: Nov-06-15 2:08 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - More than a year after a federal investigation found a pattern of excessive force by Albuquerque police, the number of deaths from officer shootings has dropped and the community has rallied around the beleaguered department in the wake of recent tragedies.
- Albuquerque lays slain officer to rest in emotional service Updated: Nov-03-15 7:35 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Hundreds of law enforcement officers stood in salute on Tuesday, watching as the flag-draped casket of one of their own - a fallen Albuquerque police veteran - was wheeled into a crowded auditorium.
- The Latest: Procession begins for slain Albuquerque officer Updated: Nov-03-15 4:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on the memorial service for slain Albuquerque Officer Daniel Webster (all times local):
- Florida GOP congressman who clashed with Boehner to retire Updated: Nov-02-15 1:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A Florida Republican congressman who clashed with former House Speaker John Boehner said Monday that he will not run for re-election next year.
- New Mexico police officer dies after being shot on duty Updated: Oct-29-15 6:34 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A somber Albuquerque police chief stood surrounded by dozens of law enforcement officials Thursday as he described a well-liked, highly decorated officer who was gunned down outside a pharmacy last week.
- All 4 in Kansas delegation vote for Ryan as US House speaker Updated: Oct-29-15 5:59 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas congressman Tim Huelskamp has voted for Paul Ryan as House speaker after previously backing another candidate.
- The Latest: Lawmakers line up for photos with Paul Ryan Updated: Oct-29-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments in the changing of the guard in the House leadership, with Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin succeeding Rep. John Boehner of Ohio as speaker (all times local):
- New day for House as Paul Ryan becomes 54th speaker Updated: Oct-29-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Paul Ryan became the 54th speaker of the U.S. House on Thursday in a day of high political theater, a young new leader for a fractured Congress, charged with healing Republican divides and quieting the chaos of Capitol Hill.
- The Latest: Union calls for continued support for officers Updated: Oct-29-15 4:03 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest developments in the death of Albuquerque Police Officer Daniel Webster, who was shot during an Oct. 21 traffic stop (all times local):
- Ryan's win in Speaker vote - by the numbers Updated: Oct-29-15 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Paul Ryan won handily on Thursday, capturing 236 of the 432 votes cast for Speaker, but not every Republican backed the Wisconsin congressman.