- Q&A: Ryan weighs speaker post, conservatives still a puzzle Updated: Oct-12-15 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Paul Ryan says he doesn't want to be the next House speaker but he's thinking it through - even as the Republican establishment pressures him to just do it.
- Lummis mum on who should be House speaker Updated: Oct-12-15 2:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's lone congressional representative isn't saying whom she supports to be the next speaker of the House amid the recent Republican leadership turmoil.
- House Republicans could support Ryan for speaker Updated: Oct-11-15 9:09 pm
WASHINGTON - If rebel conservatives and establishment Republicans in the House can agree on anything, it's likely supporting Paul Ryan for speaker.
- House election: Republicans challenge McCarthy for speaker Updated: Oct-08-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy is the front-runner in the race to become the next speaker, but he faces two Republican opponents who are trying to draw some of his support.
- House conservatives oppose McCarthy, search for alternative Updated: Oct-07-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The House's most hard-edged conservatives are anxious to derail Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's bid to become speaker, but they're outnumbered and their chosen candidate lacks support. That leaves the Californian the heavy favorite when Republicans pick their candidate to replace John Boehner on Thursday.