- Durbin, Emanuel, Rush react to Mandela death Updated: Dec-05-13 7:35 pm
- Holder: More fed money to fight Chicago violence Updated: Nov-25-13 9:52 pm
- Hundreds file petitions for 2014 election Updated: Nov-25-13 5:03 pm
- Oberweis says he's running for US Senate Updated: Nov-22-13 8:26 pm
- Holder to attend Chicago prosecutor ceremony Updated: Nov-22-13 12:38 pm
- Durbin addresses Senate colleagues about tornadoes Updated: Nov-19-13 12:47 pm
- Q&A: Ill. GOP leader wants end to 'name calling' Updated: Nov-16-13 12:01 pm
- Food allergy awareness reaches president's desk Updated: Nov-14-13 7:53 am
- Durbin opens hearing on judicial nominee Updated: Nov-14-13 4:05 am
- Senators to discuss help for kids with allergies Updated: Nov-10-13 5:04 am
- Obama nominates S. Ill. lawyer to federal bench Updated: Nov-08-13 8:56 am
- Senate OKs gay rights bill banning discrimination Updated: Nov-07-13 6:14 pm
- Obama meets with Senate Dems on health care Updated: Nov-06-13 9:16 pm
- Excerpts of editorials from Illinois newspapers Updated: Nov-05-13 11:46 am
CHICAGO - Illinoisans are mourning the death of Nelson Mandela.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Eric Holder announced in Chicago on Monday that the federal government would make more money available to help the nation's third largest city fight persistent street violence.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Political battle lines were officially drawn Monday in the race for Illinois' chief executive as Democratic incumbent Gov. Pat Quinn and four Republican challengers were among nearly 400 politicians who offered nominating petitions on the first day of filing.
CHICAGO - Dairy industry magnate and Republican State Senator Jim Oberweis says he's running for the U.S. Senate.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Eric Holder will be in Chicago on Monday for the ceremonial swearing-in of the new chief prosecutor for northern Illinois.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress on Monday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
CHICAGO - Despite dismal showings at the polls in recent elections and a highly-publicized change in party leadership, the chairman of the Illinois Republican Party says the state GOP is "alive, well and being very, very active."
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has signed legislation giving financial incentives to states to stockpile emergency medications in schools that could save lives in the cases of allergic reactions.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin has opened Judiciary Committee hearings on an appointment to a federal court in Illinois.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin and Mark Kirk want states to improve school access to medication used to treat children's allergy attacks.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The president is nominating a southwestern Illinois attorney to fill a vacant seat on the U.S. District Court.
WASHINGTON - Reflecting Americans' increasing acceptance of gays, the Senate on Thursday approved legislation that would bar workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
WASHINGTON - Senators from President Barack Obama's own party pressed him in person on Wednesday to extend the enrollment deadline for Americans to sign up for health insurance because of the malfunctioning website.
November 4, 2013