- Congress' familiar path: short-term solutions Updated: May-23-15 4:28 am
WASHINGTON - Long is the list of problems Congress has addressed with short-term answers.
- Emanuel wants focus on youth for 2nd term as Chicago mayor Updated: May-18-15 5:32 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel focused on the need to help disadvantaged and troubled youth Monday, during an inaugural speech for his second term that touched only briefly on the major fiscal woes facing the nation's third-largest city.
- Defense officials: Setting up Syrian safe zone difficult Updated: May-06-15 11:49 am
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. defense officials say setting up a humanitarian safe zone for those caught in the crossfire in Syria can be done militarily but would require the Obama administration to shift troops around.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Reports about a Senate cafeteria worker who makes so little money he is homeless are prompting calls for change from Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.
- Chicago Armenians mark centennial of genocide of 1.5M Updated: Apr-24-15 4:23 pm
CHICAGO - Chicagoans of Armenian descent and others have rallied to commemorate the deaths 100 years ago of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians by Ottoman Turks and to call for U.S. recognition that it was genocide.
- Kirk, Durbin praise Lynch's record after Senate vote Updated: Apr-23-15 6:24 pm
CHICAGO - Both U.S. senators from Illinois are praising Loretta Lynch's record after the Senate confirmed her nomination for U.S. attorney general.