- Durbin calls for Russian troops to leave Ukraine Updated: Mar-05-14 7:04 pm
- Senate blocks Obama's pick for civil rights post Updated: Mar-05-14 5:58 pm
- Sunken Great Lakes oil pipeline raises spill fears Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 pm
- Chicago officials say Ness undeserving of honor Updated: Feb-28-14 5:36 pm
- Durbin, Bustos urge funding for Thomson prison Updated: Feb-27-14 4:32 pm
- Ill., Mich. politicians tout manufacturing labs Updated: Feb-23-14 4:49 pm
- Detroit mayor: Canton lands $70 million US grant Updated: Feb-23-14 12:10 pm
- Quinn, leaders decry violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-21-14 4:08 am
- Walsh sworn in as Montana senator, replaces Baucus Updated: Feb-11-14 3:39 pm
- US: Bangladesh must do more to regain trade perk Updated: Feb-11-14 2:38 pm
- Durbin urges more stores to stop selling tobacco Updated: Feb-11-14 4:10 am
- Senators push raising Mass., federal minimum wage Updated: Feb-10-14 6:31 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is condemning Russia for sending military troops into the Crimean region of Ukraine.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A freshwater channel that separates Michigan's upper and lower peninsulas is a premier Midwestern tourist attraction and a photographer's delight, offering spectacular vistas of two Great Lakes, several islands and one of the world's longest suspension bridges.
CHICAGO - An effort to scrub Eliot Ness's reputation as the federal lawman who brought down Al Capone came to Chicago's City Hall on Friday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two members of Illinois congressional delegation are asking President Barack Obama to continue funding efforts to activate the Thomson Correctional Center in the northwest part of the state.
ST. LOUIS - Top politicians in Illinois joined local leaders in Michigan in trumpeting as a coup news that their states have landed a part in what they consider a revolutionary effort to boost manufacturing innovation, seeded by $140 million from federal taxpayers.
CANTON, Michigan - Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan says the western suburb of Canton will receive one of two $70 million federal grants to boost innovation in manufacturing.
CHICAGO - Illinois' top Democratic leaders are decrying continuing violence in Ukraine.
WASHINGTON - John Walsh became the newest member of the Senate on Tuesday and faces the challenge of making his appointment more permanent.
WASHINGTON - Bangladesh needs to do much more on improving labor standards to win back duty-free trade benefits suspended after the global textile industry's worst disaster, U.S. officials said Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is among eight senators urging more drugstore chains to follow the example of CVS Caremark by ending the sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
BOSTON - Democratic U.S. Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Dick Durbin of Illinois stopped by a burrito chain restaurant in Boston on Monday to advocate for an increase in the state and federal minimum wage.