- Family Film Guide: 'Black Nativity,' 'Frozen' and 'The Book... Updated: Nov-29-13 9:17 am
- Review: 'Black Nativity' is bold but clumsy Updated: Nov-25-13 2:42 pm
- US envoy was inspired by South African struggle Updated: Nov-09-13 9:11 am
- In banner year for black films, hopes for momentum Updated: Nov-06-13 11:59 am
- Jacksons perform Gordy tribute at Ebony gala Updated: Nov-05-13 2:13 pm
A guide to films from a family perspective:
LOS ANGELES - A child is born, a family is healed, and a sermon on forgiveness is delivered with sledgehammer subtlety in "Black Nativity," a bold but clumsy attempt to bring Langston Hughes' popular musical to life onscreen.
JOHANNESBURG - The new United States ambassador to South Africa says he was a "young kid" when he first met Nelson Mandela, who traveled to the U.S. a few months after he was released from jail in 1990. Patrick Gaspard, now 46 years old, was so enthralled that he ignored the anti-apartheid leader's simple request in a municipal chamber in New York City.
NEW YORK - Oprah Winfrey has heard this story before.
NEW YORK - Motown founder Berry Gordy recalls that when he first signed The Jackson 5, he sent them to live in a house in California - and the rowdy kids ended up getting kicked out and had to move in with him.