- Candidates tout reform in secretary of state race Updated: Apr-23-14 8:52 pm
- Lawmakers face hundreds of bills, special session Updated: Apr-20-14 2:15 pm
- Poll: Republican leads race for secretary of state Updated: Apr-11-14 9:04 am
- California senators vote to suspend 3 members Updated: Mar-28-14 6:17 pm
- Judge orders change to secretary of state ballot Updated: Mar-27-14 8:41 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Four candidates vying to be the next secretary of state offered competing visions on Wednesday for controlling political fundraising and how they would best improve access and transparency for California elections.
SACRAMENTO, California - Lawmakers return from their spring recess this week focusing on hundreds of bills that have to pass from one house to the other by the end of May, but the most contentious issues will come later.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Field Poll finds little-known Republican Pete Peterson leading in the race for California secretary of state, although four in 10 voters remain undecided.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate voted 28-1 on Friday to suspend three members who face criminal charges: Sens. Ron Calderon, Roderick Wright and Leland Yee. One senator was present but did not vote, and nine were absent, including all three senators who were suspended. One seat is vacant.
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge upheld a challenge from Democrats on Thursday, stopping a former Republican strategist running for secretary of state from appearing on ballots as a political reform advocate.