- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions - for now Updated: Apr-17-14 5:29 pm
- US eyes more action against Russia if talks fail Updated: Apr-15-14 2:46 pm
- AP Interview: Arab League chief backs peace talks Updated: Apr-10-14 2:11 pm
- Iran: '50 to 60 percent agreement' on nuke deal Updated: Apr-09-14 3:37 pm
- EU working with Russia, Ukraine to defuse crisis Updated: Apr-05-14 1:52 pm
- Obama highlights need for US-EU energy cooperation Updated: Mar-26-14 1:09 pm
GENEVA - In a surprise accord, Ukraine and Russia agreed Thursday on tentative steps to halt violence and calm tensions along their shared border after more than a month of Cold War-style military posturing triggered by Moscow's annexation of Crimea.
WASHINGTON - The State Department says the U.S. is eyeing a new round of sanctions against Russia over its actions in Ukraine, but any new move against Moscow is unlikely until after a diplomatic meeting later this week in Geneva.
CAIRO - The head of the Arab League said Thursday he is confident that Israel and the Palestinians soon will resolve a crisis over the release of long-held Palestinian prisoners and extend their U.S.-brokered peace negotiations beyond an April deadline.
VIENNA - Iran's foreign minister said Wednesday his country and six world powers are in "50 to 60 percent agreement" on the shape of a deal meant to crimp any potential Iranian attempt to build nuclear arms in exchange for an end to crippling economic sanctions.
ATHENS, Greece - EU foreign ministers stressed the need Saturday for Russia to defuse tensions with Ukraine following a two-day informal meeting that ended with leaders insisting that all options remain on the table - including further sanctions.
BRUSSELS - A trans-Atlantic free trade deal would allow the European Union to reduce its dependence on Russian energy and strengthen its ability to stand up to Moscow on issues like Ukraine, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.