- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 Updated: Dec-08-13 4:10 pm
- EU blames Russia for failure of deal with Ukraine Updated: Nov-29-13 11:36 am
- Marathon Iran nuke talks, asterisk and 'Danny Boy' Updated: Nov-26-13 8:52 am
- Kerry in Geneva for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Nov-23-13 1:58 am
- Ukraine suspends preparations for signing EU deal Updated: Nov-21-13 6:28 pm
- French out-tough US over Iran nuclear program Updated: Nov-10-13 2:32 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Hundreds of thousands of protesters poured into the streets of Ukraine's capital on Sunday, toppling a statue of former Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin and blockading key government buildings in an escalating standoff with the president over the future of the country.
VILNIUS, Lithuania - EU leaders Friday revived Cold War rhetoric Friday, accusing Russia of bullying Ukraine into ditching a landmark deal so the former Soviet republic would stay locked in Moscow's orbit.
WASHINGTON - Way past midnight at an upscale Swiss hotel, negotiations hit the nitty-gritty on a breakthrough deal about Iran's nuclear program. There was a flurry of calls with the White House, pizza and talk about a tiny, but critical, asterisk in what became the final agreement.
GENEVA - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is heading into a tough round of negotiations in Geneva where six world powers are trying to reach a deal with Iran over its nuclear program.
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine said Thursday it was suspending preparations to sign a landmark agreement with the European Union and would focus instead on restoring ties with Russia, appearing to yield to pressure from its powerful neighbor and dealing a harsh blow to plans for the ex-Soviet nation to integrate further with the West.
PARIS - When Iran appeared close to a preliminary deal with world powers over its nuclear program, France stepped up to say: Not so fast - a surprise move that exposed divisions among the United States and other Western negotiators who had long been in lockstep on the issue.