- Iowa regent directs furniture company that won no-bid deal Updated: Apr-28-16 6:58 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A prominent regent failed to publicly disclose that she was a paid director for a national furniture company before its local distributor signed a lucrative no-bid contract with the University of Iowa last year, records show.
- Iowa simplifies voting rights restoration form for felons Updated: Apr-27-16 5:34 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The application form that convicted felons in Iowa must complete to seek restoration of their voting rights in Iowa has been made simpler, Gov. Terry Branstad said Wednesday, but voting rights advocates argue the process is still one of the most burdensome in the country.
- Delay in regent's $5M gift to Iowa football raises questions Updated: Apr-15-16 4:53 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The president of the governing body for Iowa's public universities has long used his $5 million pledge to the Hawkeye football program to build his image as a successful businessman and philanthropist.
- 11 of 12 Iowa GOP delegates picked Saturday back Cruz Updated: Apr-09-16 9:33 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Eleven of the 12 Iowa GOP delegates chosen at the state party's four district conventions held across the state on Saturday have voiced their support for Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Reynolds leaves for economic development trip to Israel Updated: Apr-09-16 1:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds is embarking on an economic development trip to Israel, participating with a group from the Republican Lieutenant Governors Association.