- Boyd allows three HRs, Tigers lose 5-3 to Jays Updated: Aug-28-15 11:20 pm
TORONTO - To Tigers rookie Matt Boyd, Toronto's Rogers Centre will always be "special."
- Blue Jays hit 3 HRs in 5-3 win over Tigers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:48 pm
- Lewis, rest of Texas pitchers go wild in 12-4 loss to Jays Updated: Aug-27-15 1:12 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis walked four batters and threw two wild pitches in five innings of a failed attempt to set a career high in wins.
- LEADING OFF: Pineda returns, Price keeps winning Updated: Aug-25-15 7:59 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues on Wednesday:
- Archer pitches 1-hitter, fans 11 as Rays beat Astros 1-0 Updated: Aug-21-15 12:09 am
HOUSTON - Tampa Bay's Chris Archer gained a pair of young fans at this year's All-Star game and gave them a shout-out after pitching a one-hitter in a 1-0 win over their father's team on Thursday night.
- Tigers get Randy Wolf, put pitchers Norris, Sanchez on DL Updated: Aug-20-15 7:22 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have acquired veteran lefty Randy Wolf from Toronto and put pitchers Daniel Norris and Anibal Sanchez on the disabled list.
- Buerhle, Blue Jays fall to Phillies 7-4 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:02 am
PHILADELPHIA - Mark Buerhle wasn't displeased at all after the shortest outing of his season.
- NHL players among those fans watching Blue Jays take flight Updated: Aug-17-15 4:12 pm
TORONTO - Logan Couture was just a preschooler when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series titles in 1992 and 1993. Wearing his team logo pajamas, the San Jose Sharks forward fought to stay awake to watch the games.
- Buehrle, Blue Jays win 11th straight, beat Athletics 4-2 Updated: Aug-13-15 3:27 pm
TORONTO - The surging Toronto Blue Jays won their 11th straight game Thursday, beating the Oakland Athletics 4-2 behind Mark Buehrle's arm and Ryan Goins' bat.
- Blue Jays surge, have 'special feeling' since deadline deals Updated: Aug-10-15 4:16 pm
- Tigers promote David Chadd to assistant general manager Updated: Aug-07-15 6:23 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have promoted David Chadd to assistant general manager.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.
- Kinsler hits 2-run homer in ninth, Tigers top Royals 8-6 Updated: Aug-06-15 5:51 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers are ready to admit it.
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Colabello homers, Jays beat Royals 5-2 in testy game Updated: Aug-02-15 4:35 pm
- Mets get Cespedes at trade deadline Updated: Aug-01-15 10:57 am
NEW YORK - The Mets finally landed the bat they were looking for in Yoenis Cespedes just ahead of Friday's trade deadline, and Cole Hamels confirmed he blocked a trade to Houston before Philadelphia dealt its ace to Texas.
- Column: Baseball plays parity game as well as any sport Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 am
The Houston Astros are loading up for a pennant race.
- Mets add hitting help, trade for Tigers OF Cespedes Updated: Jul-31-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes put on a scintillating show at Citi Field while winning the Home Run Derby two years ago. Now he has two months to power the New York Mets into the playoffs.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Pirates get reliever Soria from Tigers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-30-15 8:26 pm
- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto's 2nd big trade of week Updated: Jul-30-15 7:26 pm
DETROIT - Toronto acquired All-Star left-hander David Price from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, the second major move in less than a week by the Blue Jays as they chase their first postseason appearance since 1993.