- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- Marlins GM Dan Jennings becomes Miami's manager Updated: May-18-15 10:48 pm
MIAMI - Even the mother of the Miami Marlins' new manager is questioning the wisdom of the choice.
- For more skippers, no prior managing experience required Updated: May-18-15 12:09 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell played 15 years in the majors, scouted and has worked with minor league players and coaches. But he never coached or managed in the minors or majors before taking over as Milwaukee's manager for Brewers general manager Doug Melvin.
- Redmond fired as manager of Marlins after sweep by Braves Updated: May-17-15 5:44 pm
MIAMI - Twelve years ago, when the Marlins were 16-22, owner Jeffrey Loria fired his manager and the team went on to win the World Series.
- Quintana stars, White Sox hold on for 4-2 win over Brewers Updated: May-14-15 12:44 am
MILWAUKEE - Jose Quintana finally got some run support.
- Maldonado's single in 11th lifts Brewers over Cubs Updated: May-10-15 6:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - Martin Maldonado gave his mother a day to remember.
- Grandal drives in 8, homers twice as Dodgers rout Brewers Updated: May-07-15 7:06 pm
MILWAUKEE - Going into the sixth inning, Yasmani Grandal was having a rather nice game - a single, plus a pair of walks.
- Brewers owner backs GM's decision to fire Roenicke Updated: May-06-15 12:11 am
MILWAUKEE - Brewers owner Mark Attanasio said on Tuesday that he supported general manager Doug Melvin's decision to fire manager Ron Roenicke.
- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Counsell replaces Roenicke with Brewers after 7-18 start Updated: May-04-15 12:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Former Milwaukee infielder Craig Counsell was hired Monday to manage the Brewers, about 12 hours after the team fired Ron Roenicke.
- Ramirez homers, drives in 3 to lead Brewers over Cubs 5-3 Updated: May-03-15 10:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers needed a team-record 25 games to get their first consecutive wins of a season. And hours after they did it, the Brewers fired manager Ron Roenicke.
- Ryan Braun out of Brewers' lineup in one-game shakeup Updated: Apr-27-15 5:59 pm
CINCINNATI - Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers' lineup on Monday night, part of manager Ron Roenicke's attempt to get more from their struggling offense.
- Lind homers, Brewers beat Cardinals for 2nd win in 12 games Updated: Apr-26-15 7:03 pm
MILWAUKEE - Adam Lind's homer gave a quick boost to the Brewers' struggling hitters. The runs that Mike Fiers kept off the board were just as important.
- Lohse, Brewers snap 8-game losing streak, beat Reds 4-2 Updated: Apr-23-15 5:36 pm
MILWAUKEE - Working quickly works best for Kyle Lohse.