- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Nationals make 4 errors in 8-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:53 pm
- Carpenter, Wacha lead Cardinals over Cubs 6-4 Updated: Apr-13-14 9:23 pm
- Rizzo homers in Cubs' 6-4 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-13-14 8:38 pm
- Wacha following up on October rookie breakout Updated: Apr-10-14 4:27 pm
- Pirates slip past Cardinals for 2-1 victory Updated: Apr-06-14 5:51 pm
- Wacha pitches 5 strong innings for Cardinals Updated: Mar-27-14 6:33 pm
- NL champions have arms, depth for another run Updated: Mar-25-14 7:58 pm
- Kelly chosen as Cardinals' No. 5 starter after win Updated: Mar-24-14 2:33 am
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals' first batter sent a seemingly routine grounder to Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond, who failed to field the ball cleanly for one of his two errors on the evening. The next hitter's swinging bunt was grabbed by pitcher Taylor Jordan, but he could not manage to get the ball out of his glove.
ST. LOUIS - Michael Wacha doesn't mind a little bad weather.
ST. LOUIS - Take it from the Cincinnati Reds: Michael Wacha's breakout postseason was no fluke.
PITTSBURGH - For his first start with the Pirates, Edinson Volquez beat Adam Wainwright. That'll do nicely as an early return on that offseason contract he signed with the Pirates.
JUPITER, Florida - Michael Wacha looked sharp in his final spring start Thursday, giving up a run in five innings of the St. Louis Cardinals' 6-4 loss to the Miami Marlins.
ST. LOUIS - Last October, the St. Louis Cardinals were sufficiently flush with arms that they carried rookie Shelby Miller and deposed closer Edward Mujica in ceremonial roles and made it to Game 6 of the World Series against Boston.
JUPITER, Florida - Joe Kelly was told that he will be the Cardinals' No. 5 starter after taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning Sunday in St. Louis' 6-3 victory over the Houston Astros.