- Beyonce's Super Bowl show bringing both praise and criticism Updated: Feb-08-16 7:46 pm
A day after the Super Bowl, people are still parsing over each frame from Beyonce's halftime performance, trying to glean the messages, both subtle and overt, that made for a stunning display of unapologetic blackness and political activism during one of the most-watched events of the year.
- Michael B. Jordan wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-06-16 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - It was a total knockout for Michael B. Jordan at the NAACP Image Awards in a ceremony that took several jabs at Hollywood for the lack of racial diversity.
- Will Smith among NAACP Image Awards attendees and presenters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Will Smith doesn't plan to be at the Academy Awards, but he's scheduled to attend the NAACP Image Awards.
- Macklemore explores his 'White Privilege' in new rap song Updated: Jan-23-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - Macklemore explores racism and hip-hop in a new song called "White Privilege II," rapping about a white person's position in society with black people fighting injustice and even namechecking Iggy Azalea for appropriating black culture, along with himself.
- Hollywood reax swift, positive to Oscar diversity measures Updated: Jan-22-16 7:31 pm
The Academy's proposed changes to increase diversity in the Oscars prompted swift and positive reaction in Hollywood, with many praising the moves while still noting that the Academy Awards are only part of the problem, and only part of the solution.
- The Latest: Cheadle says diversity issue goes beyond Academy Updated: Jan-22-16 7:15 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest on Friday's statement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on a series of diversity reforms approved by the board of governors late Thursday (all times PST):
- Robert Redford addresses diversity in film at Sundance Updated: Jan-21-16 5:49 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - As the Sundance Film Festival kicked off on Thursday, founder Robert Redford weighed in on the controversy over the lack of diversity this year among Oscar nominees in acting categories.
- Will Smith joins Oscars boycott, says he won't attend Updated: Jan-21-16 1:59 pm
NEW YORK - Will Smith says he will not attend the Academy Awards next month, joining his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, and others in protest against two straight years of all-white acting nominees.
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over diversity of nominees Updated: Jan-19-16 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Amid calls for a boycott of the Academy Awards over its all-white acting nominees and Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith both announcing they would sit out this year's ceremony, the academy's president said it was time for major changes - and soon.
- 'Spotlight,' DiCaprio, Larson win at Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-18-16 4:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The investigative journalism drama "Spotlight" won the top prize at the Critics' Choice Awards on Sunday, while awards favorites Brie Larson and Leonardo DiCaprio won the top acting prizes for "Room" and "The Revenant."
- A roundup of Golden Globes moments you didn't see on TV Updated: Jan-11-16 9:49 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The action doesn't stop during commercial breaks at the Golden Globes.