- World No 1 Novak Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open Updated: Apr-30-15 6:54 pm
MADRID - The ATP says world No. 1 and former champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open without elaborating, and will return to competition the following week in Rome, where he is the defending champion.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Serena Williams at Fed Cup: 'Today was a big eye opener' Updated: Apr-19-15 1:20 pm
BRINDISI, Italy - Serena Williams thought she was ready for the clay-court season.
- Serena Williams begins her clay season at Italy in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-17-15 11:32 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Having learned to play on rock-hard cement in Compton, California, Serena Williams could easily be excused if she didn't like the slow, red clay courts of Europe.
- Draw for Italy vs. United States Fed Cup World Group Playoff Updated: Apr-17-15 6:24 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Draw Friday for this weekend's Fed Cup World Group playoff between Italy and the United States on red clay at the Circolo Tennis Brindisi:
- Djokovic, Germany's World Cup team win Laureus awards Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
SHANGHAI - Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic won the sportsman of the year prize at the Laureus Sports Awards on Wednesday, while Germany's World Cup-winning squad received the best team award.
- Serena Williams could be asked to play 3 matches in 2 days Updated: Apr-14-15 1:20 pm
ROME - Serena Williams has been virtually unbeatable this year.
- Venus Williams to miss Fed Cup playoff in Italy Updated: Apr-14-15 11:05 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Venus Williams has withdrawn from the United States team for this weekend's Fed Cup playoff in Italy because of a personal matter.
- Italy has a game plan for facing Williams sisters in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-08-15 12:24 pm
ROME - Italy captain Corrado Barazzutti has a straightforward formula for pulling off an improbable win over a United States team led by Serena and Venus Williams in a Fed Cup World Group playoff later this month.