- Simon to take over as WTA's new CEO, replacing Allaster Updated: Oct-05-15 1:34 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Steve Simon will take over as the new CEO of the Women's Tennis Association.
- Serena Williams withdraws from WTA Finals and China Open Updated: Oct-01-15 10:42 am
BEIJING - The 2015 season is over for Serena Williams.
- Radwanska takes Pan-Pacific Open title with win over Bencic Updated: Sep-27-15 3:01 am
TOKYO - Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska won the Pan-Pacific Open title for the second time with a dominating 6-2, 6-2 victory over Belinda Bencic of Switzerland on Sunday.
- Bencic sets up Pan-Pacific Open final against Radwanska Updated: Sep-26-15 5:07 am
TOKYO - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic cruised past top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 6-4 Saturday to set up a Toray Pan-Pacific Open final against Agnieszka Radwanska.
- Serena Williams says US Open match was a win, not a loss Updated: Sep-16-15 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Serena Williams says her recent U.S. Open defeat was not a loss, but a win and a learning experience - and that she's happy for the opponent, Roberta Vinci, who derailed her quest for a Grand Slam.
- Fendrich On Tennis: Djokovic in Grand Slam driver's seat Updated: Sep-14-15 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic could not find his keys.
- US Open champ Djokovic clinches year-end No. 1 for 4th time Updated: Sep-14-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic's U.S Open title allowed him to clinch the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fourth time.
- What We Learned at US Open: Djokovic is gaining on Federer Updated: Sep-14-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - For the second time in his career, Novak Djokovic ends a season with three Grand Slam titles. Unlike in 2011, though, he played in all four major finals this year.
- Djokovic beats Federer for 2nd US Open title, 10th major Updated: Sep-14-15 12:52 am
NEW YORK - After winning a point in the U.S. Open final, and bent on proving a point, Novak Djokovic leaped and roared and threw an uppercut, then glared at some of the thousands of spectators pulling for Roger Federer.
- The Latest on US Open: Djokovic beats Federer for title Updated: Sep-13-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Flavia Pennetta wins 1st major title in Grand Slam finale Updated: Sep-13-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Even Flavia Pennetta was a tiny bit disappointed that Serena Williams didn't complete the first Grand Slam since 1988 at the U.S. Open.
- Jacksonville St falters late in OT loss to No. 6 Auburn Updated: Sep-12-15 6:14 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Just when Jacksonville State was minutes away from an upset quarterback Eli Jenkins said "would've shocked the world," a shanked punt sidetracked the Gamecocks' plans.
- Italy's Fed Cup team laid groundwork for success at US Open Updated: Sep-12-15 8:47 am
ROME - The sudden success of Roberta Vinci and Flavia Pennetta isn't really so sudden.
- Italian PM Renzi flies to NY for all-Italian US Open final Updated: Sep-12-15 5:31 am
ROME - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi was flying to New York to attend the first all-Italian U.S. Open final.
- No. 1 Djokovic, No. 2 Federer easily reach US Open final Updated: Sep-11-15 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - At 34, and more than three years removed from his most recent Grand Slam title, Roger Federer arrived at this U.S. Open with some changes in store.
- Buy! Buy! Buy! Ticket prices drop after Serena loss Updated: Sep-11-15 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - Talk about a market crash.
- Williams earns a place on the biggest sports upset list Updated: Sep-11-15 7:27 pm
Serena Williams seemed destined to make history from the time she first stepped onto the court at the U.S. Open.
- Column: What a letdown! Serena loses shot at Grand Slam Updated: Sep-11-15 6:53 pm
No one saw this coming.
- How a tennis Grand Slam compares to other rare sports feats Updated: Sep-09-15 3:50 pm
LONDON - Two more wins.