- GOP lawmaker objects to 9-0 vote for Obama library Updated: Apr-18-14 11:58 am
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show Updated: Apr-10-14 7:49 pm
- NYC mayor urges CBS to keep "Late Show" in NYC Updated: Apr-08-14 1:16 pm
- PBS' 'Glad All Over' celebrates Dave Clark Five Updated: Apr-08-14 8:01 am
- What the critics had to say about Mickey Rooney Updated: Apr-07-14 3:26 am
- Letterman's departure will reshape late-night Updated: Apr-04-14 4:44 am
- Letterman 'wrapping things up,' to retire in 2015 Updated: Apr-04-14 1:26 am
- Despite tough votes, most Illinois lawmakers win Updated: Mar-20-14 5:52 pm
CHICAGO - A Republican lawmaker is protesting after an Illinois House committee recorded a 9-0 vote to commit $100 million for President Barack Obama's library and museum, even though the committee's four GOP members weren't there.
NEW YORK - CBS moved swiftly Thursday to replace the retiring David Letterman with Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, who will take over the "Late Show" next year and do battle with Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel for late-night television supremacy.
LOS ANGELES - There was more to the 1960s British invasion than the Beatles, as known by any fan of "Catch Us If You Can" or "Because" or - get ready to shimmy - "Glad All Over."
Here's what the critics had to say through the years about Mickey Rooney, who died Sunday in Los Angeles at age 93:
NEW YORK - David Letterman's departure from the late-night realm won't just end an unmatched run on television. It also will close the book on an era reaching almost to the birth of TV.
CHICAGO - Illinois state lawmakers facing tough votes in an election year may be emboldened by the results of Tuesday's primary, which show that most incumbents survived challenges from within their own party even if they supported pension reform or gay marriage.